Q plates?

RobC

This is the next thing I am looking at. Q plate = Bad, very bad. Well thats what I have been told anyway

How can I get around this? Can i get around this by building with bits from a breakers. Does recon count for a new reg?

Do Q plates sell for a lot less and do they sell...

I think this is the decider to my build, budget and future of this project.  :p

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• RobC

• perksy

• Blatman

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the next thing I am looking at. Q plate = Bad, very bad. Well thats what I have been told anyway

You've been mis-informed, IMO.

Why is it bad?

Mine is a Q plate, never put me off buying it.

The only way to get a new reg, is to use all new parts (you're allowed one major component to be 'reconditioned as new' I think).

Andy

been told that the q plate is harder to sell

Why would it not put you off buying a Q? I am really nailing this project down njow and this is something which is worrying me should I want or have to sell this in the future.

You can understand the thoughts going through my head... :p

I would rather point questions in this direction than toward people selling me stuff.

There is no real downside to a Q plate on a Westfield. Everyone knows they're kit cars, so it's not like trying to sell a Mondeo on a Q.

Andy

:D

that would be interesting!

Looking through the kitcar mags a few state that they are "non Q reg" though so some people must be bothered

I think it's a misconception. The casual buyer may be put off by a Q, but anyone who's taken the time to look into the Westfield market will know that if anything, Q plates are more predominant (probably, I have no figures to prove that).

Andy

Rob

If you still want to build but don't want a 'Q' plate, and fancy a new registration you are going to have to seriously re-look at your budget  :0

There ain't nothing wrong with having a 'Q' plater, you buy on spec' and build quality.

Whoever's told you that 'Q' platers are "Bad, Very Bad" is talking through their  :arse:

Whoever's told you that 'Q' platers are "Bad, Very Bad" is talking through their  :arse:

I think that's what I said (albeit a little more politely ;))

Andy

I wouldn't worry about a Q plate, I considered buying the 1800Q from Westfield, but was persuaded to buy the special deal (all new parts,inc 1800 zetec). I'm still not sure I should n't go for the Q version anyway-extra 30 bhp and no cat ???

If you are planning to get rid soon after finishing it and are worried about depreciation it won't make a stuff of difference whether it's a Q plate or not you WILL lose money. If this is the case buy a Cateringvan and prepare for snotty unhelpful sales staff and open wallet surgery, but good resale value.

No offence intended to Cateringvan owners :p  :p

John.

Didn't mean to cause any offence Andy  :oops:  :down:  :t-up:

You didn't, I was just trying (and failing) to be humorous :down:

Andy

Why not go for a normal age related plate - fairly easy to get, and you only need 2 or 3 bits from the same car (ie, engine, gearbox, axels etc) and you can pretend that they all came from the car who's v5 you have in your hand come registration.

An i just wanted to ask the question. Anyway think you've answered that one, eh :D

Not wanting to sell, I am building this to have some fun... Judging by the responce that this has had then maybe this is bad advise. Better to ask IMO than to go ahead blindly. You have to start somewhere after all.

Many thanks :cool: