Q plates?

RobC

Better to ask IMO than to go ahead blindly. You have to start somewhere after all.

Most definitely...

A good place to start would be filling in a membership form and getting it sent off with a cheque ;)

Andy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• RobC

• perksy

• Blatman

Top Posters In This Topic

Scruff is this route the way of buying donna car!

If you don't buy the whole car (who wants a whole sierra anyway :D ) you need the v5 and enough parts that came from a sierra to meet the requirements for your westy to carry the same reg as the sierra did.  Just make sure the engine number on the v5 matches the one on your engine if you choose to have the engine as one of the required major components.

Yeah right.

Membership in the post last week.

Looking at starting build next week, starting with sourcing engine and bits first. Then onto begining stage from Westfiled.

I can hardly wait.

Hopefully meeting up with jeff this weekend have a chat.

Bought a Westfield a few months ago with a Q plate, as far as I could tell the only downside is that they are non transferable ie you can't put a private plate on them.  Other than that as has already been said these are kit cars so a Q plate doesn't look out of place as it would on an ordinary car.  These cars are great fun no matter what the plate.

Can you see the plate from the drivers seat  :down:

I can see the headline now

"Giraffe builds Westfield"  ;)

Just build it and enjoy it  :t-up:

So if I took in a V5 for a sierra or granada and said I used the gearbox, diff, drivesshafts (lobro's therefore axle) and rear brakes would that be enough to transfer the number?

cheers

Paul

If you transfer the engine number from your engine to the V5 as if you'd actually put the engine in the donor car, then you'd have an even better case for keeping the reg of the donor...

My Q plate = nice quick 'n' easy MOT! Nobody's probing my pipe! ???