250N Gearbox Kart

gee_fin

Pah. :angry:

;)

I'm sure you're right though, in the same as driving a fully track prepared Westfield much be something too...

I've been a passenger in Wotbox's rocket. Now that was fun :)

Andy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gee_fin

• adhawkins

• geofff

• Bananaman

But 150 mph at 14,000 rpm down Hangar Straight watching the front tyres "grow" is something to behold (and boring if you are driving) 'cos you have hit that 2/3rds down the straight.  :D

If you're quick, I can even throw in a free trackday at Cadwell Park (full circuit) in it on August 13th and can give an induction into running the kart on your first outing.

Have you got your dates wrong Mr Finnnnnnn.... ???  ???  ???

See Here

Nope. The dates are not wrong, it's an evening session from 5pm to 8pm for karts only on the full Cadwell Circuit, August 13th. We'll be there, either with two 250Ns, or, if I sell one of them one 250N and one 250E :)

FWIW, at some circuits the 250Es still hold the outright lap record...

Nope. The dates are not wrong, it's an evening session from 5pm to 8pm for karts only on the full Cadwell Circuit, August 13th. We'll be there, either with two 250Ns, or, if I sell one of them one 250N and one 250E :)

FWIW, at some circuits the 250Es still hold the outright lap record...

Why not comr early & have a drive out with me in the Westie ???

:t-up:  We're planning on getting there from lunch onwards :)

I think I might stick around for a while in the evening so see these little beasties...... :t-up:  :D

I think I might stick around for a while in the evening so see these little beasties......

Well worth it for the comedy moments over the jump - you headbutt the steering wheel each time you take it if you don't remember to brace, very easy to spot the noobs :)

So now I have to remember to bring enough DV batteries to strap the camera to your car in the afternoon and the karts all night...

• 1 month later...

Believe me... 250N are serious sh*t.  Drive one and some w**k*r will tell me "it's OK"  Some people end up with a rapid bowel evacuation following, what they think is, a fast,drive.  These things, at the limit, take on a single seater stance.

Hi All,

250N/E and 210's aren't karts. The seats are all wrong, there heavier handling than a prokart and they vibrate like hell. :suspect: I did the gearbox day at Shennington (a few years ago) and the only one I liked was the Stratos 125. They geared it for numpties though - I dropped of the end of the rev range before I got anywhere near the braking zone for the hairpin. :cool:

Prokarts rule. :p  And 210 racing is an endurance race of 12 laps from what I see every time I go to Rissington. Although a friend of mine thinks Steve Hurst is God so I have to exclude him from my tyrade.

Comments? ( Have I prodded the hornets nest enough? :p )

Ta

Geoff

lol Do you live under a bridge and eat bones :p

ProKarts bore the hell out of me, too slow and too easy. Fine when you've never karted or are jumping from indoor karts but ultimately you'll bore of them quite quickly and be annoyed anytime you're on track and there's a two-stroke there. The jump to the vibration machines we knows as two-strokes is the big leap in performance (those new four-stroke thumpers withstanding).

Personally, I think 125Rotax Max is the greatest thing to ever hit karting (two-stroke 125s, lots of power, push button start, centrifugal clutch and 40+hours of before an engine rebuild). However, put one of those beside a 250N or 250E and you'll see that it's just *got* to be 250N/250E.

Have a nose at the vids on the site, those karts without wings we're passing are 125Rotax Max's, and we're cornering at about 50% of what the kart can do (just call us girls lol).

I'll be at Reading a week on Saturday and then Whilton Mill on the Wednesday and welcome test pilots on a you bend it you mend it basis :) Oh, and I've had the engine refreshed so it's a bit quicker now too  :t-up:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.