250N Gearbox Kart

gee_fin

Ballastic 250N gearbox kart, Zip chassis, Yamaha YZ250 engine (single, 5speed), two runs since refresh. Four billet Brembo calipers, cross drilled ventred discs all round (x4), steering mounted bias adjuster, electric cut-off. Dual brake pedal (can left or right foot brake), high back seat, tacho, temp, rear alli rad.

Immaculately prepared, used as purely a fun toy (not raced). Sold with long circuit bodywork (wing, sidepods, front cowling).

Various spares (sets of wheels, tyres, bodywork etc).

Not for the faint hearted, but if you fancy something challenging to drive (145mph kart the can lap Cadwell quicker than the British Superbikes) you can't get more than this.

If you're quick, I can even throw in a free trackday at Cadwell Park (full circuit) in it on August 13th and can give an induction into running the kart on your first outing.

Geniune reason for sale - to make way for new 250E.

£1,300.

07747 60 60 66 / graeme@fluke-motorsport.co.uk

swordmobile2_01.jpg

swordmobile2_02.jpg

swordmobile2_03.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gee_fin

• adhawkins

• geofff

• Bananaman

Tested at (Mickey Mouse) Reading today, took 1.2s off our team's previous best lap round the circuit (previous record set in the 2001 South West Karting gearbox kart championship winning kart). This thing is bstrd fast  :t-up:

Is Reading still open? It was threatened with closure when we used to go there a few years back.

Great fun in a pro kart, but I imagine you hardly get to change gear in that monster :)

Andy

Reading is still open for the near future at least. We just use it to shakedown, you can get into high third down the back straight (~95mph) but that's about it. It's very challenging in a gearbox kart as the corners just don't stop coming :)

95 on the back straight? :0

It felt quick enough going into that corner on a Pro Kart...I think I attempted it without braking a couple of times, never quite pulled it off properly!

There was a guy with a gearbox kart there once when we used to go (probably 3 or so years ago now...)

Is that likely to have been you? I think that time he was shaking it down after an engine change...

Andy

Could have been, I've ran a few there for shakedown purely because it's so dead. We were the only people there all day yesterday which means we can pretty much do what we want and also don't get embarassed by little 14 year olds in their 125Max's :)

Ah...we used to go on a Sunday...quite busy then :)

Always good fun though, kind of miss it. Still, I've got the Westfield now though :t-up:

Andy

Thing is, you got to budget for about £500/trackday these days (£250-£300 for tracktime, £100 fuel, fuel there and back, tyre wear, brakes, oil, etc) and if you smash it....eek. But with the kart, it cost us (including trailering) £100 to run all day, and it supported three people sharing the drive at double the speed of the Westfield and if you smash it? Well, the repair bill for the kart would be minor, the repair bill for yourself, well.... :)

Yeah, but you can't drive the kart to work :)

Andy

Thing is, you got to budget for about £500/trackday these days (£250-£300 for tracktime, £100 fuel, fuel there and back, tyre wear, brakes, oil, etc) and if you smash it....eek. But with the kart, it cost us (including trailering) £100 to run all day, and it supported three people sharing the drive at double the speed of the Westfield and if you smash it? Well, the repair bill for the kart would be minor, the repair bill for yourself, well.... :)

Graeme

Can you really drive these things on Trackdays???????????

You can't mix with car trackdays, but they have kart only days. ie. we're off to Cadwell on the 13th in them.

If anyone want's to try "bullet" speed, drive a proper kart, not pro-kart ****e.  I done karting in the 80's in 210 and 250E and to give some indication, there was a track test between a 250 Zip Yamaha kart (Martin Hines' I believe) and an F3 car.  It was very close!

Not for the feint hearted!   :D   :D

Oi! I take exception to 'pro kart ****e'. Granted, they weren't the fastest karts on the track, but for a mechanical numpty like me, being able to leave the kart in the garage all winter, and then have it start on the second pull come April was a definite winner :)

And anyway, 60 odd MPH a couple of inches off the floor kept the smile on my face :D

Andy

Hi Andy

I certainly didn't mean any offence, Christ knows you have helped me out in the past with the avatars BUT... to drive a fully prepared kart is a wonder to behold in terms of speed per pound spent.

Do you still love me?  :D  :D  :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.