Scottish Westys

judder

Anytime would suit me but what about 1pm ?.

I have recently seen a purple bike engined westy going through Witburn cross in the morning going to work, but I hav'nt had the chance yet to stop 'im. Also have seen a red one coming along from Garrion bridge and a blue one in Larkhall - so there are more about but poss not using the forum/club members.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judder

• dac3774

• Fraser

• pheatons3

Top Posters In This Topic

1pm it is then.

If we think this a worthwhile event, what about spreading the word by means of an ad in the mag?  It must be about time for firming up on Ads prior to next print.

That would mean someone nominating themselves as point of contact, and taking responsibility! (Judder?)  Run it by mob rule?????

:suspect:

Hi all,

Just thought I would chip in.  I live in Elgin and am just finishing the build of a Seight.  Would be interested in getting to any meetings North of, or around, Edinburgh area.  Good excuse to take it for a long run out!  Just waiting for an SVA date.

I may also be in a position to help out in the Scottish area AO side of things.  Work is too unpredicatble with availability for me to commit to the position, but I would be willing to get involved whenever I could.

On the subject of rolling roads, I think there's one in Aberdeen.  I used to own a Scooby and with loads of them in Aberdeen they were always getting together for RR meets to see who had the most max-power.

I guess that makes it 4 of us now. :D

Darren

Since there's now two guys from further north we could compromise somewhere in between if you like, around Perth or Stirling perhaps? Stirling is easy enough to get to from east, west and north, just don't know anywhere there we could meet. Anyone else know it well enough to suggest somewhere?

I'm off on holiday for a week from tomorrow but I'll put the  24th in my diary, 1pm. If you guys want to sort something out I'll catch up when I come back.

Cheers

Fraser

Semi compromise:-

Theres a pub at Grangemouth / Falkirk on the A9 Beancross Road, Junction 5 of the M9 (directly opposite Dobbies Garden Centre) just cant remember what is called.  Easy to get to from the North, West and East!   It is used by lots of car clubs, such as MR2, Ferrari owners club etc.   I will try and find out what its called and post a map link before the 24!

Anywhere else anyone can think off?

:suspect:

Another one to add to the northern contingent. I stay just north of Inverness and have a Zetec SEiW.

There was a couple of evening meetings a year or so ago but this did not develop into a regular meet. I hope this can go further.

Maybe able to make 24th but if not I will try to make future ones. ???

Yeah, Grangemouth would be fine by me, and also Stirling, what about the services at Stirling ?

• 2 weeks later...
Grangemouth 1pm is fine by me too, have you found out the name of the pub yet. I assume it's near the Beancross Farm restaurant place?

Hi guys

two more possibles from Ayrshire, both with zetecs under construction.  

Looks like Stirling is the most central location, but I don't know the area well enough to suggest a meeting place.

See you all somewehere at 1.

:)

Not going to be able to make it this time.  SVA on monday (26th).  Getting nervous now. :oops:

Darren

Sorry I've not been posting, had virus,spyware troubles. The pub near Beancross Road it is then. Hope it's Dry !.

Good Luck with the SVA Darren.

See you saturday guys. Got to get my car MOT'ed before hand though!

Hay Dudes,

How's it going? I've just got my Westy back home form the Midlands. I live just neer Edinburgh Airport with my red Pre-Lit x-flow. The meet on sat sounds great, give me a chance to test out my new areoscreen, :)  see you all there.

Anna

1pm Beancross pub / restaurant / hotel (opposite side of the road from Klondyke Garden Centre) it is then.

Located on the A9 Beancross Road, Junction 5 of the M9 (map courtesy of Klondyke!;).

Map