Aeroscreen

Danny

It started life with all the panels being vinyl covered and has become increasingly spartan over time.

Besides, black hides the dirt better   ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timd

• Nick M

• Bananaman

• Major Stare

It started life with all the panels being vinyl covered and has become increasingly spartan over time.

Besides, black hides the (dirt) read SOIL (as in PANTS) better   ;)

Surely BROWN would be better :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :D  :D  :D

7SE,

I have fitted one of Tims screens to my pre-lit. I only had to flex it down about 5mm at each end, I think the pre-lit scuttle must be slightly wider at the top than 'SE' narrow cars so fits a bit better. It covers the wiper spindle holes fine on mine, maybe sits a little further forward than some would like but seems ok.

I think Tim will take some pics next week at the meet and post them somewhere.

HTH

Simon

What sort of interiors do you guys have with the aeroscreens? Do you strip out all the carpets etc and fit waterproof seat covers just in case?

Mark

What's an "interior" ??!!  ;)  :D

Painted aluminium panels and two-pack foam seat (covered in stylish blue duct tape) is about as close as mine comes to an "interior"  :D

blue duct tape - pah!

mines a lovely mixture of black (original) and silver (running repairs)

btw - what do you do for a passenger seat?  mine gets a bit of foam (if theyre lucky :devil: )

Did you have to use extra sealant, or just Tim's strips?

No, just used the strip that Tim supplied. There are no gaps that need extra sealant as far as I am concerned.

The only gap is about 1mm high for about 75mm in front of the passenger side where the scuttle starts to curve away. Its more due to the poor finish of the scuttle that side than the screen as the drivers side is flush with no gap.

btw - what do you do for a passenger seat?  mine gets a bit of foam (if theyre lucky :devil: )

Foam ??!!  Pah !!   ;)  :D

They should consider themselves lucky I left the harness in there....  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Thanks Simon. :t-up:

I'll post pics of Simon's car here and on my website as soon as I have them..

We think the reason it fits on widebody cars and prelits is because the swage down the length of the car was added when Westfield got sued by Caterham. If we're right then the prelit and narrow chassis are the same width, but the scuttle gets narrower on a narrow car whereas it goes straight up on a prelit. When the wide cars came along the chassis got wider and everything moved outwards, making the top of the scuttle above the swage back up to the same width as the prelits. ??? Makes sense to me anyhow! :)

Right, as promised here are the pics of the aeroscreen as fitted to Simon's PreLit...

simon1.jpg

simon2.jpg

The fit of the screen to a prelit is much better than on a narrow car - it appears to be at least as good as the widebody cars that the screens were designed for! :t-up::D

Henry had it right! ;):D

Could do others but at a cost premium as the molds would have to be cleaned out afterwards. Also so far only have colour match for green, orange, and black - so would need an offcut of your bodywork to get a match if you wanted to go that route. :t-up:

EDIT: to clarify, I have match for racing green not snot green... :D

Tim, looks much better than the Dax screen.  Has anybody fitted one to a Dax ?  Can you give me some width measurements ?  What's the max/min width scuttle the screen will fit ?

Thanks, Steve