Aeroscreen

Danny

Just took my full screen off to replace it with one of tim's aeroscreens.

Few daft questions

1, What mirrors can I get to cover the old holes from the screen?

2, Do I need a central rear view mirror for my MOT?

3, When removing the wiper mechanism should I remove everything or leave the motor and washer tank for future use?

4, Who makes nice tax disk holders to fix to my dash?

Cheers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timd

• Nick M

• Bananaman

• Major Stare

I can answer a couple of those.

MOT just needs (AFAIK) two rear view mirrors. Your two side mirrors will do for this I believe.

As for tax disk holders, most people use a motorbike one, mounted either to the roll bar, dash, or just below the passenger side mirror.

Do a search and you should find some info on the latter (and probably all your questions).

Andy

Danny

I fitted one of Tim's screens last year - a good decision.

I covered the holes in the side of the scuttle with a union jack sticker from Halfords.  I used the mirrors to fasten the corners of the aerointo position.

I removed all the wiper & washer mechanism it is not a big job to refit if I ever decide to stick the full screen back on, if you are into weight saving this is quite a heavy bit of kit.

if you are into weight saving this is quite a heavy bit of kit

Not the Aero.:d

If it helps, I previously used the tiny racetech mirrors, which IMO were useless on the road and barely ok on trackdays. They had the flat glass, I'm told the convex glass ones are slightly better.

Currently I have the mirrors from a GSX600F/750F motorbike on the car. Whilst these are fairly large, they work well and actually allow you to see what's going on behing you! :t-up:

mirror.JPG

mirrors.JPG

A search should reveal the part numbers for these as I'm sure it was discussed fairly recently... :)

EDIT: Done it for ya, here:

M&P website  

tel: 08705 703030 (bike bits company)

GSX600FW LH code: 502 741 // RH code:502 742

£20.99 + P7P etc

Alternatively you can have these mirrors for just under £15k with a free twin engined car attached! ;):D Might even clean the squashed bugs off for ya! :D:D

If it helps, I previously used the tiny racetech mirrors, which IMO were useless on the road and barely ok on trackdays

Drive faster... Mirrors are not required then   :D

Just done the same mod myself (Screen is triffic by the way Tim)

Used westfield mirrors as per their aeroscreen. They have two fixings used one of the pillar holes for one and drilled another inside where the pillar was so that i can return it to a screen if ever....

Cute little bear stickers cover the holes.

I used plastic number plate fixings to hold down the egdes as Tim reckomends.

I also have a racetech centre mirror (convex) it looks mean and does work as the side mirrors do sit a little lower now than would be ideal.