Aeroscreen

Danny

Can you give me a link to the JTO aero???

I like the look of the Westfield "double bubble" one, but not Westfield prices and its only in widebody :arse:

Any other brands?1200850.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timd

• Nick M

• Bananaman

• Major Stare

Major Stare

Wide bodied one fitted to my narrow bodied car, cut out centre section to solve the width problem.

3.jpg

Old picture

As Mark says

The wide bodied one does fit a narrow car.  I did not have to cut mine to make it fit.

Rob

Yup, agreed here too. Several of my screens have been fitted to narrow bodied cars now - just need to flex the ends down - same is true of the westy screens. Suspect this will be fine for GRP stuff but more difficult to achieve with a stiffer carbon aeroscreen.

My experience with Tim's screen:

I only drive very short trips without a helmet or somewhere where I know the speeds will be very low.  Must be my height but wind blast is strong even at 40mph!

Weight saving was 10kg for the screen, pillars, wipers and motor.

Racetech convex mirrors are slightly better than useless.

The aeroscreen is well made and looks the part.

Ian

I think it's been done. To a prelit with a grp scuttle, does that sound right? No idea on the wiper positioning cos I haven't seen the car yet. It's owner has been "nearly finished" the rebuild for some time now... ;):D

If his car is the same as yours it fitted in the same way as on the narrow cars, ie required "some bending" to suit..

HTH

What sort of interiors do you guys have with the aeroscreens? Do you strip out all the carpets etc and fit waterproof seat covers just in case?

Mark

Sounds about right.  Could you ask him to get in touch please?

No problem...

"OI - SIMON. WHERE ARE YOU??" :p:D

I'll drop him a mail later.. ;)

What sort of interiors do you guys have with the aeroscreens? Do you strip out all the carpets etc and fit waterproof seat covers just in case?

Mark

What's an "interior" ??!!  ;)  :D

Painted aluminium panels and two-pack foam seat (covered in stylish blue duct tape) is about as close as mine comes to an "interior"  :D

Painted aluminium panels

Now your just showing off  :D