stoneleigh travel pictures ( Manchester crew)

craig-c

Just wanted 2 say thanks 2 the Manchester mob for letting me head up the convoy for the pix. I am proud 2 have been a part of such a fun group  :xmas:

I dont think I've ever seen so many excited, smiling, happy faces as i saw from other motorists on the M6 when they saw the convoy.

They seemed 2 love it just as  much as we did!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott beeland

• pistonbroke

• craig-c

• scooby

Driving along with 20 somthing westy's and other kits is always fun, but driving along with an XTR2 in the group was even better.  

It was a very good day out.

Glad to see you all enjoyed the trip down and are glad to see the photos. I think as others have stated, Joe public got just as much enjoyment as we did, its not every day you see something a true sports / kit car, never mind more than 20 totally individual examples together.

I am lookink at doing a small write up of the journey down and meeting places etc, I know about 3/4 of the peoples names / WSCC user names, however to ensure I don't miss anyone out can all those who joined up post / PM me your full name and WSCC user name (as appears next to your postings).

Yes this also includes drivers of other marques of kit / sport cars.

Paul, we'll even class an Elise as a sports car for this instance :p

I'm booking my place at the front for next year now, I've done the photo for 2 years now but as my Duratec kit goes for SVA in just over a week I am looking forward to joining the rest of you next time. Photographer volunteer/s welcome.

Edited to add - Please also confirm your point of meeting up i.e. Knutsford services etc.

Glen

Yeh using the hard shoulder, then the bleeding hearts brigade would have something to say. :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

Im the dude with the R1 Mk,  I got to say that that trip down there still makes me smile ( mint westy, say no more, nutter :- )  well worth getting up early for, had a great drive down.  you guys have some quick cars :-)  I've never seen so many camera phones going off on the way down.  Every car I look at seem to enjoy the site.

Cheers for letting us join in with the fun.  see you all next wednesday.

John

Nice pictures lads  :D

must get up earlier next year, must get up earlier next year  :zzz:  :zzz:

R1 Mk looks very nice look fwd to seeing in in the flesh on wed  :D

Have you painted your car wrightster?

Andy

no mate i have swapped it for a monkey .. :D  :D

the red westy was my mates , i got fed up with the pics of mine , i need to take some new pics of it (it hasnt got those bonnet straps anymore - dont you know)  :D

:D

on a slightly diffrent subject i went to the lotus 7 lancs meeting last night (cateringvans) there was only 1 !! so i found another meeting (by chance) instead by following a couple of elises it turned out to be were the cateringvans used to hold their meeting untill other cars started turning up  :D there was abot 6 elises, a tvr and a very nice diablo  :D

only a fool breaks the two second rule  

Fair comment seight.

Imagine it was a bunch of fiests rs turbos doing the same.. you'd all be gesticulating 'w**kers'..

i sure would..

it does make a nice snap shot, but the same setup on a race track would be soooo much better  and make for a really good photo

my post where wrote a very important saying... one which I learned on my first driving lesson.. which bizarrely I actually still say in my head now from time to time (no no.. not when i'm driving ... I find it really helps delay the enevitable when i'm with my missus :t-up::laugh: )

For Fu**s sake..........Get a grip Jonny Boy.

Alright there.. steady on...

I wasnt there, I wasnt any unjustifiable comments, I was merely supporting Seights post as many began attacking him for what he said.. which I believe is within his rights to make!

You sure like to make personal attacks when people have conflicting opinions!

And as I said before you seem to have missed my meaning was that, if it were not westfields, if it were not any of you involved.. hence the RS owners club referral.. then i'm sure your feeling towards the scenario would be different.

I do have fun everytime I drive.. trouble is that I always end up getting told off.... enjoying myself doesnt please everybody.. but then I often drive a bit silly like :p:devil:

And you wanna be careful who you're referring to as w**kers................

..Max power boys.. thats OK isnt it?
and no I don't care if I've offended either of you.

no, apparently thats how it works now on here.. so in true spirit of the new wscc...p**s off you w*nker :D:D:p:devil::laugh:

Paul, we'll even class an Elise as a sports car for this instance :p

Cheers Glen but I think 3 formula one world championships says it all really :p

BTW what time do you want help setting your suspension up on Saturday :D

( mint westy, say no more, nutter :- )  

Cheers for letting us join in with the fun.  see you all next wednesday.

John

If you mean me; it's boghouse blue......and yes I am a Nutter :p  :p  :D  :0

personally i think the photo would have looked much better five abreast

Yeh using the hard shoulder, then the bleeding hearts brigade would have something to say

Not as daft as it sounds

M6 by Warrington = 4 lanes wide plus hard shoulder !

and I would take the pikkies .

would be problem driving as fast as 30 mph though might just be too much and we have to get every one else to speed up a bit .

Hmmmm any one know where we can get hold of 5 Xtr's

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)