stoneleigh travel pictures ( Manchester crew)

craig-c

we did however need to stop for a quick relief after this some off us could not cope with the conjestion on the motorway :p

The downside of a bare grp shell seat :blush:

So you were serious then Seight??????

:0  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

I'm not gonna get into an online disagreement (mainly coz it's history now anyway fella.....till next yr :oops: ) but I reckon I might send you a box of matches for that soapbox ???  :D

Oh....and if thats not a WW cover shot I dunno what is..........................

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott beeland

• pistonbroke

• craig-c

• scooby

I don't believe any laws were broken. Our speed was between the minimum and maximum allowed on a motorway, no-one was forced to swerve, brake or slow down. Just because the car in front is going slower than you want to is not an offence, in fact it's quite normal on our motorways and the Mondeo driver gave me a very friendly hand gesture (I think) as he eventually went past, at a very illegal rate of speed I might add.

As for some of the antics on the M6 15 miles before.......no comment.

John.

Oh....and if thats not a WW cover shot I dunno what is..........................

someones just gotta send it into the mag ed first  :D  :D  :D along with any articles letters and news  :D  :D

Seight,

Safe driving!!?

Everyone was very safe as we don't let the Manchester Head of Traffic Police to go in the same Convoy. We make him use the Toll Road with the other 15 idiots.

Heres a couple of ironic quotes.

Greater Manchester Police Assistant Chief Constable Steve Thomas was prosecuted for driving at 104mph on the M6 Toll Road. Mr Thomas is in charge of traffic policing for GMP.

Mr Thomas said

"On the day in question, the driving and road conditions were good, and I was part of a group of around 15 cars all doing around the same speed. I considered that my manner of driving was safe. However, exceeding the speed limit by this amount is unacceptable and I sincerely regret my error of judgement."

He was fined £450 and given six penalty points.

Here's a highly trained and experienced driver who knows that he was doing nothing dangerous on a virtually empty motorway in good weather, yet is unable to say so for fear of incuring the wrath of the modern day equivalent of the Spanish Inquisition.

2nd Quote

Michael Todd, Chief Constable of GMP has told his officers to concentrate on real criminals, and stop alienating the public by over zealous prosecution of speeding offences.

Get the feeling a ban would have been enforced for Jo Public.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :p

A great turn out, even more cars joined the convoy / picture shot than we got last year.

Hope you all enjoyed the rest of the day just as much as the drive down :t-up:  

Similar piccies taken from my camera :D  :p  :arse:

Full size copies available on request

113-1318_IMG.JPG

Copy%20of%20113-1319_IMG.JPG

Copy%20of%20113-1320_IMG.JPG

Glen

Full size copies available on request

Superb photos

Can I put them on the TV website

And if anyone else has any good Stoneleigh pictures would like to add them too - had problems with my camera this year so severe lack of pictures to use :(

guy in the next tent could not find his phone at 2 oclock in the morning

Where's my f***** phone   :D  :D  :D  LOL

So that's what woke me up.....or was that the LAAAAARGE quantity of stella playing football in my head :p

Btw..... Gotta say that the sight of an XTR2 coming up behind you shrouded by early am fog is SCARY!!! :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Any chance i could have a copy of the all the full sized photos ?  

Preferably in JPG max quality and send in batches of 4 so my email box does not die (assuming pictures are about 1mb each)  .

Many thanks

Persil

Mail them to  persil@ntlworld.com

oooh... i think the one of you in the hat would be much better...  :oops:  :p  :D

Chaps,

Regarding use of the motorway photo you might want to remember that there's a Cat amongst the pigeons, so to speak.

Outside lane, Aztec Orange Caterham.....that's the one.

I won't be offended if you airbrush me out  :)

Tony

Hello Anthony,

I would have fought a C******m would like this puplicity,  :p   :p  :p we dont mind if you dont? ;)  

Right were's my coat,

For those that haven't received a reply from me yet you will this evening when i get home.  :cool:

Anthony, no worries  :D

there was also an Mk something or other in there somewhere :t-up:

Scott,

Them new cycle wings bolted on ????? nice and tight I hope !!!!!:D