Peak District run out 10am Sunday 8th at Quackers Cafe DE45 1NY

AndrewBClarke

1 hour ago, si_salisbury said:

Hi, all being well I will be joining in on this cake eating drive. 

Hi @si_salisbury  I don’t know if you come via A1 but I am stopping at Markham Moor northbound services at 8.30am to convoy with Gary. Would you like to join us??  Drop me a note if you do as we will hang about a bit for you. 

• Like 1

On 05/10/2023 at 11:10, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

fingers crossed,

Well the crossing of fingers didn't work. Just tried a short run out to the shops in the (tin top), the first time out in a few days, after catching the dreaded flu on Monday/Tuesday. I might be starting to feel OK mooching around the house, but as soon as I'm outside and driving, I'm lightheaded and feverish again. Not safe to be Westfield piloting, unfortunately, so I'll have to give it a miss.

18 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Any remote chance that you and @Rob Hunter - Club Secretary have had the flu jab??  Absolutely convinced that this can make you ill - I have been ill the last two times after the jab so refusing to have it ever again. 

Nope no flu jab, just in contact with people with the demon spreaders - school kids. One first day in a relative enclosed classroom on a training course, and the parents are importing the bugs from their kids!!

FWIW, I am booked for a jab, I have one every year, have done for years, it's late this year and this is the first year I've had a proper dose of flu since I started having the jabs ten years ago. (like you, I was put on the list as a carer).

I even chase them to get mine done, if they're slow to make contact.

• Sad 3

I feel your frustration Dave. I gave in this morning and contacted 111. They had me straight down to see a doctor. Seems I have an ear infection that has invaded my head and throat. 7 days of antibiotics, last day of these is 2 days before we fly to Italy.. my fingers are crossed as Ali might well leave me here alone if I’ve not recovered.

Our daughter who works in a large office with lots of peeps tells me she has half a dozen or so staff off work with a similar infection that has peoples eyes swelling up.. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ianali said:

she has half a dozen or so staff off work with a similar infection that has peoples eyes swelling up.. 

Oh nooooo!

https://tenor.com/en-GB/view/total-recall-arnold-gif-18913376

There are loads and loads of people I'm aware of with some version of the flu at the moment thoguh.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Hi @si_salisbury  I don’t know if you come via A1 but I am stopping at Markham Moor northbound services at 8.30am to convoy with Gary. Would you like to join us??  Drop me a note if you do as we will hang about a bit for you. 

@AndrewBClarke I will be coming up that way so it would be great to meet up and travel in a convoy.

I will meet you the at 8.30.👍

• Like 1

Glen says he is also an old fart and has had both the flu and covid jabs with no side effect other than a slight bruise on the arm.

You lot better recover before next Sunday because we need to see you, your cars and eat cake although Glen admits he is available for any spare tickets to Italy😁

Have fun tomorrow brmmm brmmm😍 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Glen says he is also an old fart and has had both the flu and covid jabs with no side effect other than a slight bruise on the arm.

You lot better recover before next Sunday because we need to see you, your cars and eat cake although Glen admits he is available for any spare tickets to Italy😁

Have fun tomorrow brmmm brmmm😍 

Ali says Glen would make an excellent travel companion. My ear and face is still very swollen and to quote Ali ‘I don’t relish spending a romantic break on the Amalfi cost with Noddy’s best friend’

Have a great trip out guys, I’m only a tad envious. Honestly! 

• Like 1

Thank you @AndrewBClarke for arranging a great day and it was good to meet everyone.

I picked up a little passenger when we left Wetton tea rooms, a little bug walking around on the inside of my helmet, then it decided to walk towards my ear and the on it, trying to fit your hand up the inside of your helmet trying to prevent this bug from going into my ear, after a little while it was no good while at a junction waiting for traffic to clear I had do rip of the helmet to get the little sod, after having this image of a bug digging it’s way into my ear and eating me from the inside out (I think I watch too many horror movies).

See you all soon.👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, si_salisbury said:

Thank you @AndrewBClarke for arranging a great day and it was good to meet everyone.

I picked up a little passenger when we left Wetton tea rooms, a little bug walking around on the inside of my helmet, then it decided to walk towards my ear and the on it, trying to fit your hand up the inside of your helmet trying to prevent this bug from going into my ear, after a little while it was no good while at a junction waiting for traffic to clear I had do rip of the helmet to get the little sod, after having this image of a bug digging it’s way into my ear and eating me from the inside out (I think I watch too many horror movies).

See you all soon.👍

Star Trek II - the Wrath of "Car" 😂

ceti_eel_2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Weather forecast was brilliant for Sunday if not slightly wrong. Instead of clear sunshine as promised, we left home at 7.15am in fog! Still nothing was going to dampen our spirits. Met up with @si_salisbury and newby Gary at Markham Moor services A1 en route to Quackers. 
IMG_5918.thumb.jpeg.477dcb2ecd2d20050fd274baadd17b0f.jpeg

Arriving at Quackers just before 10, there were no other Westies in the car park but soon this swelled to 9 (bit of a relief for a trainee leader). 
IMG_5924.thumb.jpeg.df6e7f7936fe48cdf00ac898b07c5f63.jpeg

Good to see even more first timers and we sincerely hope that they had a great time and will come again. 

IMG_5940.thumb.jpeg.672838fe2607332ade5b54fac7914ed4.jpeg

IMG_5922.thumb.jpeg.7558ac1f97a7442a78c6cb15762f3b2c.jpeg

IMG_5923.thumb.jpeg.3ccab283aa8c7d71925e1d1e508e82d2.jpeg

After a good chat, a sausage roll or cake, we left on a round trip for about an hour, ending up at Chatsworth Garden Centre - might appear to be a strange place to aim for but it has a large car park and an excellent restaurant.

ecddffd6-2382-4c87-a7f7-52c8e0499aad.thumb.jpeg.a1ddf2aef9d42cd2ab576e5d2a0ae4ca.jpeg

48c75ce2-33f8-44b2-8a78-1f46d4e2e362.thumb.jpeg.f0fc8965777fd91a5f90c70723e0b27e.jpeg

b550fd8c-1a85-4542-b86e-f0000d4dd828.jpeg.1accae20f629550dbc2cbaab573f0bbc.jpeg

043edb04-c352-491c-a43a-d89ae186a748.thumb.jpeg.7e4d05f2785aa2fb64c04f98bcf4744e.jpeg

70fedcb6-2bfb-4416-a49e-f0b69528b7ee.thumb.jpeg.e3eedce0263c026bc19cba070b43b684.jpeg

3e821c7b-70fa-489d-89af-da4b718c49ce.thumb.jpeg.773fea4c4840c4edd93b852595bb3761.jpeg

Great to find @Chris Emm waiting for us in the car park. At this point we had   7 as a few had decided that they needed to go back home. 

IMG_5925.thumb.jpeg.8fb1695184c966f678fc3d0659d15711.jpeg

After a hearty lunch we moved on for cake to the Wetton Tea Rooms - about 45 minutes drive through some lovely Peaks countryside. By this point there were only four ( @aeg couldn’t find reverse gear to park in the car park ) Westfields but plenty of cake was consumed. 

IMG_5929.thumb.jpeg.91d5a0d178c672b81e7ca949000ea592.jpeg

Most of the cake was eaten by Becky - no idea how she does it. 

IMG_5928.thumb.jpeg.a3aaf82f3f3c449eed739f6dbad089eb.jpeg

This left me with a trip home of nearly 2 1/2 hours arriving home at 6.15pm but by now the sun was out and it was brilliant. 

Pleased you all seemed to have a good day. Our esteemed entertainment manager @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative is back from holiday next week so the batten of responsibility is returned to her. 

Credits for photos - @Rob Hunter - Club Secretary Becky @aeg and Mo @Chris Emm

• Like 8

image.jpeg.12624f91b6136a3f2d5ced8c046b947e.jpeg

And then there were 3 !!!!!! Because some of us couldn’t wait for the OAPs to reverse park so left it on the road🙄 

thanks for a great day @AndrewBClarke really enjoyed it.  Struggling to add anymore photos because they’ve all been used/high jacked on here and Facebook 🤣 

But this shows the life of a leader !!!

IMG_1649.thumb.jpeg.0eb0181603db74d2320bd220f430fced.jpeg

we’re not reversing comes to mind 🤣 take care all till next time 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, aeg said:

image.jpeg.12624f91b6136a3f2d5ced8c046b947e.jpeg

And then there were 3 !!!!!! Because some of us couldn’t wait for the OAPs to reverse park so left it on the road🙄 

thanks for a great day @AndrewBClarke really enjoyed it.  Struggling to add anymore photos because they’ve all been used/high jacked on here and Facebook 🤣 

But this shows the life of a leader !!!

IMG_1649.thumb.jpeg.0eb0181603db74d2320bd220f430fced.jpeg

we’re not reversing comes to mind 🤣 take care all till next time 

She only had 10’ to reverse and made an absolute meal of it. She wanted all 9 of us to reverse a long way. Obviously I refused and eventually, after a stand off, she found reverse gear. 

There is always someone trying to photo bomb This character obviously escaped from the local asylum. 

IMG_5920.jpeg.6f5c2359ca80af5aaba9dde21058dad3.jpeg

😁

• Haha 5