Peak District run out 10am Sunday 8th at Quackers Cafe DE45 1NY

AndrewBClarke

Anyone up for a late summer trip out??  Weather forecast is set fine for a change! Our esteemed leader is away on holiday so I thought I’d rally the troops and organise something. 
Meet at Quackers at 10am then a trip out before lunch and then onto somewhere else for the obligatory cake.

Who is coming??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

fingers crossed, I'll be there!

• Like 1

Ok so the plan is - 

10am meet up at Quackers DE45 1NY

Eat

Drive to Chatsworth Garden Centre DE4 2NX 25 miles 60 minutes

Eat

Drive to Old School Tea Rooms, Wetton DE6 2AF 18 miles 46 minutes

Eat

Obviously if you are @aeg eat a McDonalds on the way

Routes if you wish to download -

Quackers_to_Chatsworth_Garden_Centre.gpx

Chatsworth_Garden_Centre_to_Wetton_Tea_Rooms.gpx

:)

• Haha 1

We’re not working or dealing with parents so it would be rude not to 😜 and if we go to a Mcd’s drive through on the way it means we get an extra 1/2 hr in bed , it’s not because I’m a greedy b*****r 🤣 , see you Sunday 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BillyPee said:

Sorry, cannot make this one.

Shame. But we have a newby coming!! Gary Kingsnorth in his BRG pre lit!!

• Like 2

Hopefully I'll be there.

I'm still recovering from that terribly debilitating disease called "manflu"..... 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

Hopefully I'll be there.

I'm still recovering from that terribly debilitating disease called "manflu"..... 😂

Ah, you as well. Until a couple weeks ago we were coming up. That was before I woke on Wednesday with shivers and a throbbing ear. Hoping to shake it off but currently laying in bed, watching Rugby and drinking water. Ali is downstairs with a glass of red….

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, ianali said:

Ah, you as well. Until a couple weeks ago we were coming up. That was before I woke on Wednesday with shivers and a throbbing ear. Hoping to shake it off but currently laying in bed, watching Rugby and drinking water. Ali is downstairs with a glass of red….

Any remote chance that you and @Rob Hunter - Club Secretary have had the flu jab??  Absolutely convinced that this can make you ill - I have been ill the last two times after the jab so refusing to have it ever again. 

16 minutes ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Any remote chance that you and @Rob Hunter - Club Secretary have had the flu jab??  Absolutely convinced that this can make you ill - I have been ill the last two times after the jab so refusing to have it ever again. 

Nope not me. Far too young don’t you know😊

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ianali said:

Nope not me. Far too young don’t you know😊

They try to get me to have it as the system has me labelled as Clare’s carer. She doesn’t get one offered as the system says she got better. Thought I’d clarify as I don’t want you to think that I am old enough either!! Hope you get better soon. 

• Thanks 1

I'm obviously far too young for the flu jab too 😂

Get well soon @ianali

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

As an old fart I've had both flu and Covid and the only effect was a sore arm for a day. 

Same here 👍

• Like 1