IMG_0519.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

prizes won already 

IMG_0518.jpeg

IMG_0520.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

I saw you drive past Ian going past Starbucks on the roundabout prior to the port. Any spots open next time I’m happy to join. Enjoy mate.

• Thanks 1

Further updates are available on the Westfield Facebook social media account - time's too short and there’s beers to be drank- we’re in our Hotel in Austria 

IMG_0748.thumb.jpeg.79bb898624c53697b5747a6bbf4d4cb1.jpegIMG_0744.thumb.jpeg.7fcdb996f76611e058ecd91ee73e57ff.jpeg

• Like 3

More ‘prizes’ won 👏

IMG_0811.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0807.jpeg

• Like 3

Judging by the Chairman’s bonnet off and spanner sticker, I’m assuming his car needed repairs?

I’m frightened by the stickers of the lady with a cane, wondering if they were run over…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

More ‘prizes’ won 👏

IMG_0811.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

I'm guessing the stickers are, 

Ice cream, 

Injury, 

Out of fuel, or nearly, 

Got lost, 

And mechanical failure. 

Not sure about the little old lady, but you can't have hit 2, can you?

Apologies for the lack of updates but we have been far too much enjoying ourselves to find the time but hear is a brief snip of what’s been happening. What goes on in Austria, stays in Austria. 

• Haha 1

The Grannies of Verona, all delighted  to catch a glimpse of the Silver fox @Greenstreak-Andy DIMG_1495.thumb.jpeg.59efb9067017a59d399e8948eebae40e.jpegThe ‘Gentlemen’ passed around Verona this morning and are now sat on a train in Innsbruck heading for Düsseldorf 

IMG_1488.jpeg

IMG_1580.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

IMG_1501.jpeg

IMG_1499.jpeg

• Like 7

Arriving back at Tagg Lane for the debrief. 

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02586.jpg

DSC02587.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

When is a Westfield not a Westfield, when it's van. It was raining, what vehicle were we supposed to come in? the MX5 is awaiting clips after an altercation with a field at the weekend, so the van it was.

DSC02589.jpg

First over the finish line was Andy, he was also the driest!

DSC02591.jpg

I hope that is rain ingress and not an egress

DSC02592.jpg

The cakes flowed in true Peak District style

DSC02593.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

And ice creams too

DSC02594.jpg

Drying off

DSC02596.jpg

Bye bye 

DSC02597.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

What a fabulous, soooooper, exciting time you guys have had. A big thank you for sharing your photo's and stories with us so we can taste just a little bit of the best flavour, excitement!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Apparently my Cat didn’t like seeing a series of consecutive 9k rpm overtakes, after a week of pass bashing, and decided to start failing big time. By the time it came to getting off the ferry, it was building so much back pressure, it just kept popping the link pipe and silencer off. 

Not knowing why, initially, as it came off on the ferry hatch so thinking it had just caught, we tried refitting but it didn’t last too long. After the second or third go, now convinced it was at least part blocked. Plan B was hatched, and the last ninety minutes or so of driving were done, with ahem, an open manifold.

My ears have only just stopped ringing.

To be fair to the car, the cat has done amazingly to survive this long. I was one of a tiny number of Westfield owners to have a faulty ecu loom. So way back in 2015 or so, whenever initial start up was, I had a weird misfire that ended up causing the whole cat to glow white hot, with the shape of the converter core itself, clearly visible through the near “transparent” stainless casing!

• Like 2