Gentleman of Verona 2023- a 12 Day Euroblat

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

On Thu 22nd June @Greenstreak-Andy D @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman @Stu Faulkner and I, commence a 12 day road trip to Austria and Italy.

We've got a new hotel to try in Austria (previous one is great, but we don't really need a Spa/Boutique Hotel).

The plan was to travel back from Verona by train. However two weeks after booking the Train. Urlaub Express kindly advised due to staff shortage and training issues,  they can't safely load us in Verona and we've now got to drive back to Innsbruck. It would have been a circa 2hr drive to Verona, and is now 8hrs to Innsbruck, which kills our last day in Italy, however the show must go on. 

Hence we're not going to Verona but the trip name remains.

Unlike previous trips, we've not doing a long 3 day drive home via France or Germany, we're taking the train in and out - Duesseldorf - Innsbruck and Innsbruck to Duesseldorf

@Stu Faulkner has got twice the power as last year and @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman has added additional hardware to keep his silencer on 

We're all busy checking the cars overs, finalising waypoints and preparing to pack.

Updates will follow..........................

image.png.6015a2592c53936c0ac3b26413772747.png

• Like 9

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to Gentleman of Verona 2023- a 12 Day Europblat

Yay! Looking forward to seeing the updates and photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Paul Modena it would be rude of us not to say hello if you're about? (I sent you a PM a few weeks ago). 

Looks epic Ian, my son will be doing a similar tour from the 1st of July for 9 days in a group of 6.  Wave if you spot him ;)

Btw, I don't know what you're using for trip planning, but I can recommend https://www.wildertrips.com/

2 hours ago, Quinten said:

Looks epic Ian, my son will be doing a similar tour from the 1st of July for 9 days in a group of 6.  Wave if you spot him ;)

He's more likely to spot us!

2 hours ago, Quinten said:

Btw, I don't know what you're using for trip planning, but I can recommend https://www.wildertrips.com/

Not seen that before. I'll give it a try, thanks.

You’ll have a fantastic time for sure. Very interested to see how the train segment works out, I’ve considered that previously but not tried it yet - shame about the Verona chop!

road trip.jpg

• Haha 2

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to Gentleman of Verona 2023- a 12 Day Euroblat

Fantastic trip guys, hope to join you in your next Italian trip 🤞

Keep us updated with BagpussTV! ;) 

• Like 2

When and where do you meet up with the gentlemen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

When and where do you meet up with the gentlemen?

Unlikely as we're not even going to Verona ! :bangshead:

Though I plan to meet my 3 good friends, who I consider to be Gentlemen at a certain Ice Cream vendor in the peaks on the first day.

Based on our previous behaviours overseas, there's probably many reasons we shouldn't be considered Gentlemen 😂

Here's our George Clooney lookalike, AKA Tiffany, appearing to be gentlemanly-

image.png.00e8cc468cd0005ded357a986a1fa745.png 

Those that know him better, will workout he's trying to get her knocked over by the approaching TinTop so he can nab her purse!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have a good trip fellas, looking forward to seeing the updates as you go !

• Like 1

On 19/06/2023 at 10:51, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Unlikely as we're not even going to Verona ! :bangshead:

Though I plan to meet my 3 good friends, who I consider to be Gentlemen at a certain Ice Cream vendor in the peaks on the first day.

Based on our previous behaviours overseas, there's probably many reasons we shouldn't be considered Gentlemen 😂

Here's our George Clooney lookalike, AKA Tiffany, appearing to be gentlemanly-

image.png.00e8cc468cd0005ded357a986a1fa745.png 

Those that know him better, will workout he's trying to get her knocked over by the approaching TinTop so he can nab her purse!

Well at least I stopped for the young lady! Can’t speak for the approaching Merc though! 🤪

• Haha 1

Ready to pack all this into the car............deep breath Bagpuss, you'll can fit it in!

image.png.159cbd5a6fb88343b0223b696a275abe.png

image.png.f8e9c26ed4f3fd11e0f981620dea9041.png

image.png.bb06c863da5d76ab329db6505c981c2f.png

All in and ready to roll. To prove we learn from past experiences, I'm carry a few extra things this year. Keep following to find out what.

• Haha 1

The team are all ready to roll and checked in on WhatsApp Live location- 

image.png.1a1dd993b410b2ed1207d509925bb03e.png

• Like 1