National Drive Your Westfield to Work Day (week) 2023!

Quinten

Now in it's 8th year!

May the 24th is the official National Drive Your Westfield to Work Day, which contrary to the title is actually a week where we encourage you to leave the normal daily driver at home and experience driving the Westfield to your place of work, raising smiles on both your face, and those who join you in the daily drudge.

Of course, some of you may no longer frequently travel to a place of work (lucky you!) so like previous years, you can also get creative and get a picture of yourself with their Westfield!  A selfie, a picture taken by a member of your family...  as long as it is a previously unposted recent picture, everything is submittable!

You have the week from the 22nd to the 28th to participate 👍

Have a look at previous years: 2022, 2021202020192018 and 2017.  Sadly I can find nothing for the 1st year, 2016, so you just have to take my word for it ;)

• Like 2

Excellent idea. For me that will involve about 500 miles over a couple of days (Crewkerne > Dartford > Wokingham > Dartford > Crewkerne) but provided the weather is ok I’m up for it 👍

• Like 2

Next week...  and the forecast is looking favourable 👍

• Like 2

It's looking better than favourable! A glorious weekend to get the post-winter hibernation folk out and about just in time too.

• Like 1

Ok, strictly not commuted to work yet, but I had to fill up for petrol before I can anyway, so agreed to collect my daughter from school and took an artsy picture whilst waiting for her ;) 

2023-05-2216_28_21.thumb.jpg.05d6861ed0b69d2cae9e9e13b5d07389.jpg

• Like 6

Like your taste in car park buddies @Stu Faulkner.

• Like 1

7AM and I should have taken my hat as well...

image.thumb.png.4f62e3ac210ba20d7e8a0b57bc99684f.png

And I believe this is what they call an office?

2023-05-2308_00_10.thumb.jpg.e764fb76838b81f8bb84eb371f8d7424.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Stu Faulkner said:

Day one. 48C81BC9-FDCD-4C99-8FEF-64D57E4EB653.thumb.jpeg.a654eba8a71f59efcc0dbfdba0febbe8.jpeg

Are you going for the full week then Stu?

I may have to woose out in this one 🙁. Work is 160 miles away and it would mean about 450 miles in two days which I was more than up for. The biggest challenge is that I need to take a lawnmower back to my parents!! Not sure it will squeeze into the passenger seat 🤣

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

I think this is ageist - I can't do it 'cos I'm retired 😉

You could always drive to your last place of work, and remind them why working sucks? They may not welcome you with open arms though.... 🤣

• Haha 1

Well, that was eventful (and not in a good way!)

Took the scenic route home and about 12 miles away from home I discovered that my front cycle wing was bouncing up/down/left/right...  took it very gently for the remainder of the journey

2023-05-2316_30_41.thumb.jpg.d286355592c8bad8faaa6a6d5da3d23e.jpg

Have taken the stay off and will see if my local goto welder can fix it for me

2023-05-2316_53_20.thumb.jpg.f585caf949a9f89b15874c45de1d1729.jpg