• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Cobra 427 Build

KugaWestie

16 minutes ago, BugMan said:

Have to ask how the hell did you break the vice?

I dont think it liked the impact gun on the hub puller when it was clamping the half shaft :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

12 minutes ago, bollockybill said:

Gary,

I have a rear entry plenum if that’s any use to you.

John.

Hi John,

Thanks but not needed.

I will be fitting a totally different fuel injection system which does not use any Rover parts

A quick tidy up is all I had time for today.

Got a nice box full of shiny painted parts ready to fit to the chassis soon

IMG_1386.JPG

On 1/5/2018 at 18:50, Kit Car Electronics said:

Yes the returned fuel can be pumped back into the bottom of the tank, without worry of aeration. If the baffles are good and you don't run the tank low then you may be fine for a road car, although I don't know that I believe you'll be driving that cautiously, Gary :laugh:

Mike,

Can you recommend a valve that I could fit inline on the fuel tank breather pipe?

Not sure what you mean, Gary- do you mean a rollover valve, or some way to tee a return into the breather hose without it squirting out the top?

11 hours ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Mike,

Can you recommend a valve that I could fit inline on the fuel tank breather pipe?

47 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Not sure what you mean, Gary- do you mean a rollover valve, or some way to tee a return into the breather hose without it squirting out the top?

On the Westfield fuel tank we have the red breather valve on the top of the tanks

IMG_0300.thumb.PNG.9c8f56c104a2230f8a74bc6166063c7a.PNG

On the the top of the Cobra tank I have a 10mm diameter pipe welded on that I want to utilise as a breather by fitting a bit of rubber fuel pipe, then a breather valve, then a bit more rubber pipe.

Does that make sense?

If it helps get give more results,  what you're really looking for is a roll over protection valve

8 hours ago, Monty said:

If it helps get give more results,  what you're really looking for is a roll over protection valve

Thanks

That helps reduce the cost!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Way-Fuel-Non-Return-Check-Valve-6Mm-8Mm-10Mm-Petrol-And-Diesel-Oil/253227337036?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=552339844193&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

19 minutes ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

I'd always worry about an important item being 'too' cheap though. Saying that, the WSC one on my tank still cant stop fast take offs and dowses everything in fuel :rolleyes:

That’s not a breather valve, it’s a one way anti-siphon valve. It may work how you want, but you’d need to experiment, as that’s not what it was designed for.

The reason those other valves are so much more, is that they’re proper breather valves. A breather valve needs to allow two way air flow, but not let fuel out. Otherwise the tank will either presurise or suffer from vacuum related problems.

14 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

That’s not a breather valve, it’s a one way anti-siphon valve. It may work how you want, but you’d need to experiment, as that’s not what it was designed for.

The reason those other valves are so much more, is that they’re proper breather valves. A breather valve needs to allow two way air flow, but not let fuel out. Otherwise the tank will either presurise or suffer from vacuum related problems.

Yes it did appear to be too cheap!

FWIW, the pukka breather valves do seem to be mainly around the same price.

I just happened to save this recommendation from one of the times these have been discussed before.

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/newton-inline-breather-vent-valve-5-16-8mm-push-on-m-tpv8

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.