Cobra 427 Build

KugaWestie

Tonight I completed the front half of the fuel lines.

I decided to alter to copper pipes and remove them from the passenger footwell bulkhead where I had originally positioned them and shorten them so they stop inside the tunnel area. A bit neater and plenty of room for them. What a ballacher of a job it was, took ages! Still it is done now including the flexible lines up to the inlet manifold.

You can see where I have made good the fixing holes on the bulkhead in this first picture, and if you look down the tunnel you can just see them in their new position

IMG_3420.thumb.JPG.22cd20891d283d8e8211e31b765f4f76.JPG

In the tunnel.

IMG_3419.thumb.JPG.a34ce305b8cb0f686b9b5d9a19a211f3.JPG

IMG_3421.thumb.JPG.b9f63f170c0fc2dc0bb681d430ba0002.JPG

I also fitted a breather valve to the fuel tank 

IMG_3429.thumb.JPG.45ffe51a78c75677fc2ff31ddf59f2dd.JPG 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

So with the fuel lines complete it was time to bring out the injection system. So here it is plumbed in.

IMG_3424.thumb.JPG.b9cde83be55dc3cc19ad83837ae9fc74.JPG

IMG_3423.thumb.JPG.a50bf53dfafe7ea4e91bb3ac8a4be62f.JPG

IMG_3422.thumb.JPG.c1fe4e821a687bfd820be39bc6d03853.JPG

IMG_3425.thumb.JPG.a50e8ad81947b7a6889d81e531a6e7fb.JPG

IMG_3426.thumb.JPG.259ee9bbb48ad5d500b972538bde85ab.JPG

IMG_3427.thumb.JPG.36b6288c7d11bbcdbe81374a6028c76a.JPG

5 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

400 hp Gary ? Thats one hell of a Rover V8 :suspect:

Did you swage the end of the fuel pipes to grip the rubber hoses ?

That's the max power it can cope with, plenty ;)

Yep, I flared the hoses, that involved swearing

That's a tidy solution. Couldn't ask for a much simpler EFI conversion than that!  Are you able to use the timing-controlled setup?

That's quite a piece of kit to "pour" fuel into your engine Gary! Just googled it, very impressive, not silly money either IMHO.

Being nosey, what does the handheld controller do, notice it comes with a windscreen mount? Sorry shouldn't be distracting you with banal questions ;)

Keep up the good work, impressed with your dedication, working in the garage these temperatures!p

7 minutes ago, corsechris said:

That's a tidy solution. Couldn't ask for a much simpler EFI conversion than that!  Are you able to use the timing-controlled setup?

Yes very neat and maintains a 4 barrel carb look. It is a self learning system so in theory yes a timing controlled set up should still work

9 hours ago, AdgeC said:

That's quite a piece of kit to "pour" fuel into your engine Gary! Just googled it, very impressive, not silly money either IMHO.

Being nosey, what does the handheld controller do, notice it comes with a windscreen mount?

Keep up the good work, impressed with your dedication, working in the garage these temperatures!

The ECU for the system is built into the injection system mounted on the manifold. The handheld controller plugs into the system to programme the ECU

The windscreen mount is designed to mount the controller in the car so you can monitor/tweak/change settings on the ECU whilst the car is running/moving

Regarding the garage, remember way back at the start I built it and insulated it well. 10 mins of running a pair of 2kw fan heaters brings the temp up north of 15 degrees C, nice and cosy. The heaters then run on their thermostats cutting on and off to maintain.

I had a quick read of the manual - looks like a good set of options for how you configure it, depending on what other parts you have already or want to use. Neat.

:yes:

As @AdgeC says, good value too, considering you get throttle body, injectors, IACV, lambda, MAP sensor, CTS & IAT sensor and ECU with 'programming box'.

1 minute ago, corsechris said:

I had a quick read of the manual - looks like a good set of options for how you configure it, depending on what other parts you have already or want to use. Neat.

:yes:

Yes I think it should be a great bit of kit as long as it is set up well.

I bought it after Autosport in 2018, it's been in the store for almost exactly 12 months!

Will be watching with interest how it goes when you turn the key. :)

9 minutes ago, corsechris said:

As @AdgeC says, good value too, considering you get throttle body, injectors, IACV, lambda, MAP sensor, CTS & IAT sensor and ECU with 'programming box'.

Yep I know :d

It will also control the cooling fan 

It's a lovely looking bit of kit as well

8 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Will be watching with interest how it goes when you turn the key. :)

Hopefully it starts :blush:

On 22/01/2019 at 20:54, Thrustyjust said:

Did you swage the end of the fuel pipes to grip the rubber hoses ?

Here you go, evidence. Not a swage but the @Kit Car Electronics method

IMG_3457.JPG

My throttle cable linkage/bracket arrived, so that is now fitted

IMG_3459.thumb.JPG.7fd732508df1556b0b4e7eb26de7f64f.JPG

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.