• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Ap racing tandem master cylinder

mikey p

Anyone got anything hidden away not being used?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mikey,

I am after one as well. In the past WF parts have got an order together with , maybe 10 units is needed. 

phil

4 hours ago, Hafod said:

Hi Mikey,

I am after one as well. In the past WF parts have got an order together with , maybe 10 units is needed. 

phil

They have true, but while you can never 100% say never, it's very, very, very unlikely.

To the best of my knowledge, it's the first time it's been categorically removed from the system. (It's just been de-listed in the on-line parts shop before).

I recall a conversation with Patrick around the time, and him saying it really was it this time.

FWIW, while slightly different, the Caterham version has been successfully made to fit, but again last time I looked, (a long time ago) it was on huge order times, too.

I am looking at the Caterham one now, the price has gone up a lot but they say they have stock. 

Well I finally ordered the caterham one from their website. Hope the investment is worth it for the better pedal feel. 

7 minutes ago, Hafod said:

Well I finally ordered the caterham one from their website. Hope the investment is worth it for the better pedal feel. 

You may need to tweak the rigid brake pipes, as the caterham mc connection is further out to the Westfield mc. 
Andy

The Caterham ports are slightly deeper too, so you may need to double check the brake line fittings do up properly. 

• Like 1

Arrives on Monday so will do some checks before starting. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 23:08, Hafod said:

It’s well worth it, best brake upgrade I’ve done. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, New display name REQUIRED said:

best brake upgrade I’ve done. 

Agreed.

It's not that there's any "magic" settings/design to it, it's not even that the quality of the parts is massively better than everything else, although the quality is good. What really makes the difference is that they are all individually set up to match very tight tolerances for free play etc. so the feel is much superior.

^^^^ as @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman says, I hadn’t even brought my car back after purchasing her and picked up AP brake kit and very soon after the AP master cylinder. Great pedal feel on road and not so bad on track too (on my previous Duratec with same brake setup)

Interested to see how you get on @Hafod with the caterham m/c

Andy 

I’ll keep everyone posted, hope the install is easy enough. I’m still suffering from a warped front disk for the WF big brake kit install a few months ago. Hispec won’t send me a replacement but will skim the warped disk but that could mean the car is off the road for a couple of weeks so it will need to wait. Lots of pulsing of the pedal from the 0.2mm run out so this does not inspire confidence. Hispec take the lotus Elise standard vented disk from Pagid, make the hole bigger, drill new stud holes and then machine the grooves. They must have got it too hot during all the machining. 

10 hours ago, Hafod said:

I’ll keep everyone posted, hope the install is easy enough. I’m still suffering from a warped front disk for the WF big brake kit install a few months ago. Hispec won’t send me a replacement but will skim the warped disk but that could mean the car is off the road for a couple of weeks so it will need to wait. Lots of pulsing of the pedal from the 0.2mm run out so this does not inspire confidence. Hispec take the lotus Elise standard vented disk from Pagid, make the hole bigger, drill new stud holes and then machine the grooves. They must have got it too hot during all the machining. 

Are you sure it's the disc? Some owners: @CraigHew & @LukeW have found the hubs to be machined out of true. Have a search on here.

Also talk with @LukeW before sending anything back to Hispec.

Have you checked the run-out on your hubs?

• Like 1

Check hubs @Hafod first most likely out, good luck getting any response from hi-spec I had to wait 6months for a new set of hubs once they admitted mine had run out,

got them back and fitted to the car and still have the pulsing, seems the hub run out in turn has warped the disc too. 
so best to check both parts separately, before spending your cash. 
I do have a spare pair of hubs that are free of run out of you want to try them first? 
If you do split the disc from hub (for measuring), be sure it goes back in the same orientation otherwise the pulsing and vibration will be a lot worse, ask @aeg where his fillings are after giving mine a bash on track 😂.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.