• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

First time at Stoneleigh - some questions!

CherryTreeFW

It will be A if you're referring to the BBC weather app

2 hours ago, CherryTreeFW said:

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary - so when we arrive, do we ask to park on the Westfield Stand or will we just be directed there? If that's a stupid question, then its because it's my first time at Stoneleigh (with or without a car!)

I'm doing parking on Sunday morning, I'll try to get all the Westfields as they come in and point them in the right direction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/04/2022 at 17:32, Paul Aspden (MoFast) said:

If you are a club member do you park your car in the WSCC stand?

@Paul Aspden (MoFast) if you are a WSCC Trader you can park your car inside our marquee if you want 😁 Please let us know your ETA and we can arrange :yes:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SootySport said:

It will be A if you're referring to the BBC weather app

It’s the Met Office weather app.

18 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Better still, join us on the Convoy down - it's a big part of the show experiance! It's quite an amazing experiance being in a big convoy of Westfields, plus when you're not sure where you're going, it helps to be in a big bunch of friends!

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary - we’ve got our ticket so we are planning to join the convoy at Sandbach. What time are you assembling there, please? I assume you are leaving from Sandbach Services? While I’m on, I was foiled again in trying to get to the April meet at Plumley - Ruth was in the early stages of pneumonia so I was otherwise engaged! 🥴

18 minutes ago, CherryTreeFW said:

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary - we’ve got our ticket so we are planning to join the convoy at Sandbach. What time are you assembling there, please? I assume you are leaving from Sandbach Services? While I’m on, I was foiled again in trying to get to the April meet at Plumley - Ruth was in the early stages of pneumonia so I was otherwise engaged! 🥴

Hi David, have you seen this thread- 

Google suggests 14-20 min- So I'd suggest being at Sandbach at 8:15am

image.png.77e3c1c238b7aa84f9dbac6a268f193d.png

Hi David, no we don't join at the services, Sandbach isn't an "official" stop/pick-up point, we essentially join "from the slip road" at junction 17, though thanks to Whats App live location, we can actually see the convoy approach now, so can time arriving on the slip road well enough to normally have a rolling start onto the M6 either just ahead, so that the convoy catches up, or just behind, so we can tuck in at the rear of the group.

We meet up here, normally, in the small car park just opposite the Co-Op/Petrol station. usually at about 8-8.10am, to give time for any last minute fuel top ups or shopping for drinks etc at the little Co-Op etc

image.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

It’s the Met Office weather app.

It's going to  be 'cracking flags'- not that anyone using Fahrenheit, will get that 😉 

image.png

• Like 2

I'm looking forwards to this year's show.  Conveniently my daughter is at Warwick University for an open day on the Saturday, talk about good timing!  I was part of the North West convoy last year but I have no idea which way we drove into Stoneleigh as I was just blindly following @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO what route do you follow once you have left the M6?  I'm staying at the Coventry Hilton J2 on the M6, but I guess you come off the M6 before then. 

Also if there is a WhatsApp group please could I be included.

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Hi David, no we don't join at the services, Sandbach isn't an "official" stop/pick-up point, we essentially join "from the slip road" at junction 17, though thanks to Whats App live location, we can actually see the convoy approach now, so can time arriving on the slip road well enough to normally have a rolling start onto the M6 either just ahead, so that the convoy catches up, or just behind, so we can tuck in at the rear of the group.

We meet up here, normally, in the small car park just opposite the Co-Op/Petrol station. usually at about 8-8.10am, to give time for any last minute fuel top ups or shopping for drinks etc at the little Co-Op etc

image.png

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary - great, thanks - know that spot opposite the Co-op so I’ll get there around the time you’ve suggested. Cheers, D. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McFrancis said:

I'm looking forwards to this year's show.  Conveniently my daughter is at Warwick University for an open day on the Saturday, talk about good timing!  I was part of the North West convoy last year but I have no idea which way we drove into Stoneleigh as I was just blindly following @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO what route do you follow once you have left the M6?  I'm staying at the Coventry Hilton J2 on the M6, but I guess you come off the M6 before then. 

Also if there is a WhatsApp group please could I be included.

Hi Chris, don't ask me. I'm not Orange Leader that's @Si.Dalziel. I follow as you did!

I've added you to the whatsapp group. See you on Sun!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Hi David, have you seen this thread- 

Google suggests 14-20 min- So I'd suggest being at Sandbach at 8:15am

image.png.77e3c1c238b7aa84f9dbac6a268f193d.png

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO- no I hadn’t and thanks for sending that it will be very helpful. We’ll join at the Sandbach Co-op as per. Cheers, D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Hi Chris, don't ask me. I'm not Orange Leader that's @Si.Dalziel. I follow as you did!

I've added you to the whatsapp group. See you on Sun!

I’m hoping someone can take over for a bit after Stafford as I will be missing the last services drive through to pick up a VIP and hopefully rejoin in time to pick up the convoy

• Like 2

Travel Advice

I’m sure you will all check your routes in advance, but please note that the delightful Fosse Way will be CLOSED - do not use that way to travel to the show.

You will also find roadworks in abundance in the area (see map), so while you may not have any delays, please be aware and plan accordingly.

D290501E-A6BE-4DA0-AD15-21537DD5363D.jpeg

This is all thanks to the fact that HS2 is being built through the area for the next several years.  In fact, it goes straight through the Stoneleigh exhibition centre.

Further compounding the issue is the fact that nearby Leamington Spa is being smartened up to impress for (wait for it) the Commonwealth Games Lawn Bowls.  Much of the town has been in gridlock for months while bridges are repainted, roads and infrastructure are repair and renewed, and local government wets itself with excitement.  In other words, avoid Leamington and Warwick.

Useful info, I'm coming from Hinckley so I would have used the fosse, looks like the M69/A46 for me then ,can't think of one corner on that route 🤔