First time at Stoneleigh - some questions!

CherryTreeFW

4 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Not my first time at Stoneleigh but potentially the first time for my lovely wife. 

But we have a hurdle to overcome…

Okay, okay, I promise not to come near and frighten her…

Last year they held some sort of Crufts at the same time, there were loads of dogs.

1 hour ago, Captain Colonial said:

Okay, okay, I promise not to come near and frighten her…

Don’t make promises  that you can’t keep Scott!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kingster said:

Don’t make promises  that you can’t keep Scott!

You know me too well, don’t you?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@CherryTreeFW please see HERE

Can I tag onto this thread?

I’m hoping to get time off work to come down to this, but will be travelling down late Sunday to attend on the Monday. How is the 2nd day for number of cars, stands etc? And can I just pay at the door and park up with you guys on the club patch?

I did go last year, prior to kit ownership, just to have a look around and see what it was like. Had an enjoyable day wandering around everything and the weather was alright as well.

Cheers.

Paul.

48 minutes ago, Pd2 said:

Can I tag onto this thread?

I’m hoping to get time off work to come down to this, but will be travelling down late Sunday to attend on the Monday. How is the 2nd day for number of cars, stands etc? And can I just pay at the door and park up with you guys on the club patch?

I did go last year, prior to kit ownership, just to have a look around and see what it was like. Had an enjoyable day wandering around everything and the weather was alright as well.

Cheers.

Paul.

@Pd2 - tag on absolutely it’s grown legs!

1 hour ago, Pd2 said:

How is the 2nd day for number of cars, stands etc? And can I just pay at the door and park up with you guys on the club patch?

USUALLY (caps intended) Day 2 is a bit less busy than Day 1, but all the stands are there.  (If the weather is pants on Day 1 and sunny on Day 2, all bets are off on that front.). Things start wrapping up about 3 PM on Day 2.  Yes, you can pay at the gate and park up on the club patch 😎👍

3 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

USUALLY (caps intended) Day 2 is a bit less busy than Day 1, but all the stands are there.  (If the weather is pants on Day 1 and sunny on Day 2, all bets are off on that front.). Things start wrapping up about 3 PM on Day 2.  Yes, you can pay at the gate and park up on the club patch 😎👍

Normally there is no booze left on the second day though as Cap’n drinks it all on day one 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KugaWestie said:

Normally there is no booze left on the second day though as Cap’n drinks it all on day one 😂

That is a viscous rumour and the fact that it’s true doesn’t detract from it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

That is a viscous rumour

Oil say it is! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Oil say it is! 🤣

I’m glad someone is paying attention to my refined word play.  To the educated and attentive, I’m a barrel of laughs.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

I’m glad someone is paying attention to my refined word play.  To the educated and attentive, I’m a barrel of laughs.

I purely though you'd limited the slipping in of such words to differentiate your word craft from the masses to help it gain traction, with your gripping yarns.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Colonial said:

hmm, I thought you were just being crude. 

• Haha 1