2022 WSCC BLYTON Sprint Weekend- Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th of July

Terry Everall

Fabulous weekend. A massive thank you to everyone involved. Lovely to see friends old and new. Great to see Adrian out again.  A great battle in class 2B with Adrian and some quick Caterhams with several drivers beating the class record on both days: Adrian taking top spot on the Saturday with Alex just 0.38s behind in the Ginger General, and Alex taking the win on Sunday with a phenomenal 65.21 beating both the Longton and (Alan Mugglestone's) HSA class record.  Pity Adrian had to withdraw before the end due to noise. Gutted for Simon Green whose weekend ended early due to a stray bolt from a bellmouth finding its way into the engine but 10/10 for his enthusiasm and never-say-die spirit though.

I'm still buzzing!

• Like 4

It was amazing to be back. Alex's times were phenomenal. He nearly had me on Saturday too when he thought id done enough. Great to see loads of familiar faces as well as new.

Many thanks to the organising team and everyone who put in the their time to help.

Bring on the next showdown....

• Like 3

I went to spectate on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it although I’m burnt to a crisp 🤣 a bit off topic, but I was chatting to the bloke with the orange sport250. He said he was on the forum but I didn’t get his username, does anyone have it?

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire_Pudding said:

I went to spectate on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it although I’m burnt to a crisp 🤣 a bit off topic, but I was chatting to the bloke with the orange sport250. He said he was on the forum but I didn’t get his username, does anyone have it?

@Smudge62

David Smith

My first sprint and introduction to the speed series on Sunday, what a fantastic day, thanks for everyone who organised the weekend and made it go smoothly. Great to meet some new faces and thanks for all the advice given to me on the day, such a great group of people. Way off the pace but I had a brilliant time and got the car back in one piece, so its a win win. Ive got the sprint series bug now, see you at the next one chaps

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is something I’d love to have a go at. Being Down in Kent Iam not sure where the nearest hill climb event would be

38 minutes ago, Benrobson2999 said:

This is something I’d love to have a go at. Being Down in Kent Iam not sure where the nearest hill climb event would be

You have just missed the britsh sprint championship and Lydden hill yesterday for a sprint. 

• Sad 1

All Tony Mitchells Blyton pics now posted in the gallery

• Captain Colonial unpinned this topic