CH4 to show Final F1 race live Sunday

XTR2Turbo

I haven't followed F1 much recently in part as I don't have / want Sky  but see ch4 have done a deal with Sky to show the title deciding race live

Settle in from 11:45 Sunday

David

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up David, I hadn't seen that this was happening.

As regards a shunt on the first lap, both drivers will have had (or will have) serious words from the powers that be as to how penalties might be awarded/deducted for dangerous actions..............But will that make any difference????😄🤣

• Like 1

We’ve been watching this season, the fierce battle has given it a bit of life!

I must admit we are Team Max. 🏁

I too hope it doesn’t end it a big shunt, but I think there’s going to be a bit of dodgems involved 😖😁

26 minutes ago, Andy - a15cro said:

I must admit we are Team Max. 🏁

I'm absolutely split down the middle. I'd love to see Hammy get another championship, and equally I think Max should be getting some reward for his efforts. If either teams play dirty though, I could easily swing away from them.

Shame for Max,the guy is in an inferior car and his card is marked.

ANY contact with Hamilton and the stewards will find Max at fault.

Max will get pole,Hamilton will blow by on the straight then Max will make 

a do or die move. He has no choice,he has got to win Period.

I'm not a fan of either of them but I would like to see Max win for the sake of the sport and F1. Only the diehard fans are left now due to the domination and predicability of the HAM/MERC period. But it has been noticeable this year that Mercedes have struggled a bit when they have had real competition and Hamilton has even resorted to using the simulator simulator for the first time!

Anyway let's hope for a clean race!

I’ve never been a fan of the sport when one team is dominant, neither am I particularly a fan of Lewis, but I do think Max has gone beyond the acceptable far too often, and not just recently. His stated philosophy is ‘send it and hope’ (I paraphrase), but he is on record saying that if contact happens then it happens and he won’t back off to prevent it.

The quote:

"Like [with] overtaking," Verstappen said. "If I have to touch, I'll touch. It's not like it always needs to be in the cleanest way. Let's say it like this - after my career, if I would have won five championships but I'm maybe not the most liked person, for me that doesn't matter, because at the end of the day, it's all about winning. 

"And that maybe sounds arrogant, but I don't want to sound like that. I would do anything - or everything - to win. If it's a little bit, not dirty, but in a hard way, I will do it. I am not here to be the most-liked person."

• Like 1

Its the way sport/competition works, if you show weakness your competitors will exploit it.

Hamilton knows he cannot bully Verstappen without incident.

Yes Max has overstepped the mark in my opinion and I've never considered F1 as a "contact" sport but that is the way they have allowed the sport to develop. 

My problem is that I have been watching F1 for so long that the winner of the race was the car/driver that finished first after overtaking the most cars on the track. The rules and the way the sport is run now has got too complicated for an old codger like me!

On 11/12/2021 at 10:27, Andrew said:

Yup, I'll be watching. Hope it isn't decided on a first corner "incident" or any other shennanigans.. unlikely? 😞

Glad the title wasn't decided by any shenanigans Andrew!

1 minute ago, Mole said:

Glad the title wasn't decided by any shenanigans Andrew!

Yep. Pretty sraight forward win for Max eh. 😀

Horrible end to the championship.. I think the race director made a cockup 😞

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

. I think the race director made a cockup 😞

agreed Qatar was bad enough seems to make up his own rules as he goes along