CH4 to show Final F1 race live Sunday

XTR2Turbo

Marcus - interesting - the point about the stopwatch in particular. Corsechris's points should all be adopted. These plus Michael Masi's head on a silver salver MIGHT get Lewis into a car next year. Otherwise thank you and goodnight.

I should add that I saw an interview with David Croft who pointed out that Masi has a ridiculous workload and has always needed help. Croft had a range of other proposals that all make sense too. However Masi should go from his existing job one way or another.

11 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

Marcus - interesting - the point about the stopwatch in particular. Corsechris's points should all be adopted. These plus Michael Masi's head on a silver salver MIGHT get Lewis into a car next year. Otherwise thank you and goodnight.

I dont think anything will stop him from being back next year. He's now got a massive point to prove.

16 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I dont think anything will stop him from being back next year. He's now got a massive point to prove.

As do Mercedes. Plus with Russell as a No2 (in theory...) he's more likely to want to make his mark by mixing it with Max... and Lewis. Either way he'd be a better wingman than Bottas who was average at best and then once he was released, was no help at all. I bet Mercedes are glad to see him go.

Given what we have seen Mercedes are capable of I wouldn't bet against them in 2022. Lets remember when the rules changed and brought in the turbo hybrids, it's taken 8 years for Red Bull to get level... just... What are the chances the new cars next year provide Mercedes with another 8 years of showing the rest of them just how good they really are? Lewis gets number 8 and retires then George Russell bags a couple. 

To be fair RBs lack of pace has mainly been engine related. Which had been out of their control. Now they've got a good engine that seems to have excellent reliability and seemingly very little performance degradation and They've always been good with the aero side. So things may not be too dissimilar. Def agree though regards wingmen, George will be far better than VB and way better than perez who's been pretty average. 

The risk for Red Bull is that they have taken over engine production and development from Honda. I'm sure lots of Honda techs went with but it only needs a few to stay loyal to Honda and there could be gaps in the skill or knowledge base. In F1, as with many things if you're stalled, even for a short while, you go backwards.

And I agree if Red Bull can't get Perez up there then they have a real problem. If the car, and George Russell perform as well as when he deputised for Hamilton, Mercedes will have the constructors wrapped up with 6 races to go...

Assuming Lewis is racing next year, I just hope he & George can work out a good relationship and that we don’t end up with the Nico/Lewis or Seb/Danny style of teammates!

Excited to see what George can do with what should be a competitive car under him.

LH will be back. This is theatre now to keep us entertained there is no way he will quit unless he thinks he cannot win.

With GR it all depends on if they let him go for wins on equal terms to LH, he is quick and hungry to do well. Bottas was where he was because he was a willing subservient to LH. Where Nico and LH were allowed to race on equal terms Nico won a championship, so LH was beatable in an equal car and footing.

The rules need clarity and this nonsense of the team principles being allowed to question the race director during the race needs to stop. 

Next year MV needs to win fair and square to stop the negative comments from people. 

• Like 1

As this season has been rule bent for one or the other, I see it as racing,and bad lousiers  shoe on the other foot there is no way Mercedes’ or Hamilton would be handing the prize back, the rules say if your playing by them that race director has the right to adjust them as he sees fit , so if merc had not been greedy and we’re on fresher tyres the result may have been in there favour, merc have been no angles over the years when it comes to rule bending and Lewis the session against nico rosberg had its moments,

but when the sun shines so hard out the rear  it’s hard to see past it,

I hope next season see’s other teams right up there with a 6 way battle for the crown ,

• 4 weeks later...

oh dear what a farse ..

Formula One's governing body said on Thursday it will announce in March, on the eve of the opening race in Bahrain, the outcome of an investigation into last season's controversial Abu Dhabi finale.

52 minutes ago, marcusb said:

oh dear what a farse ..

Absolutely 

Decisions throughout season were farcical.

Teams/Drivers need to know what's going to be done to avoid so many ridiculous decisions.