So... Brexit rant, once again

maurici

2 hours ago, maurici said:

Yeah. Ive had that too.

I normally answer that i dont steal jobs, i just focus on raping wives and eating children.

2 hours ago, Arm said:

When did he ever hit an apex ?

Some, by accident.

2 hours ago, jim_l said:

What percentage of the working class population in the poorer areas of the UK take a race car to Europe, take a pet to Europe, etc. 

Well i live in a working town. In every driveaway there is a caravan and a dog.

The boat to spain and the eurotunnel is full of caravans... so... some of them.

Racecar... applies to anything you want to take with you. As ive said... caravan, bike, kayak... whatever.

You talk like if i was rich and had rich kid actittude... but im quite low middleclass. 

All the other stuff is way too deep for my understanding. 

Failed to yet see a point where brexit is going to improve individual lifes any time soon tho.

About the whole living in poverty thig on the minimum wage... i can do anything else than laught. We've been there... many of my partner mates been there... far from what you describe.

43 minutes ago, maurici said:

Some, by accident.

Not sure about that, but I do recall ocassions when you departed from the apex whilst going backwards!

But to return to your arguments, Maurici, why is it the fault of this Country that Spain (or anywhere else in the EU) chose to levy such charges for taking your race car (or your neighbour's caravan) into the EU? It isn't this Country which is making that charge. 

And to repeat what I said before in as many words, this Country's government would be onyl too happy to continue as much trade as you want with the EU. Brexit was never about trade, it was about other things such as the degree of control over what people and businesses in this Country could or couldn't do, control by people and institutions who for all practical purposes were unanswerable to the voters in this Country. Also the expense and beaurocracy of the EU intitutions.

As for using the lorry driver shortage as an example of your claimed damage from Brexit, I think you need to look at the lorry driver shortage in many of the EU Countries. Poland has been mentioned, but look at Germany, they have a shortage as well. And not just in Europe, I believe America has a shortage. That is partly at least down to the change in shopping habits caused largely by people's experience of the consequences of covid 19.

I gather Ford have just announced a masive investment in electric power packs for vehicles at its Halewood plant. And Australia wants to buy nuclear power technology for its next generation submarines from a consortium of British and American sources instead of outdated diesel/ electric technology from France.  Brexit doesn't seem to have harmed those plans, au contraire!

Pretty simple really, we had a vote and the majority decided to leave. Democracy in action, no explanation needed.

28 minutes ago, Alan France said:

Pretty simple really, we had a vote and the majority decided to leave. Democracy in action, no explanation needed.

Yes, democracy in action but when  nobody (and I include those In government, especially the blond buffoon) knew what exactly they were voting for.

I wonder if people would vote for it now having seen what has actually come of it?

4 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Yes, democracy in action but when  nobody (and I include those In government, especially the blond buffoon) knew what exactly they were voting for.

I wonder if people would vote for it now having seen what has actually come of it?

I voted to stay in the EU then, but having seen and read how the EU have behaved since I'd be tempted to change my mind. Would I vote to stay in a "Club" with France when they threaten to blockade us pre-Christmas just because they take the hump over not wanting to comply with our perfectly reasonable request for evidence over established fishing in our costal waters? Probably not. And the same applies to the bizare attitude of certain EU Countries over the use and distribution of covid vacines. Also levying (so Maurici tells us) 30% charge on temporary import of used cars to EU. Crazy behaviour, and not something I would want our Country and its government to be associated with.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Alan France said:

Pretty simple really, our elected representatives gutlessly passed their solemn and paid responsibilities to voters, who were nowhere near qualified, informed or equipped enough to make an informed, careful and balanced decision, all in order to either benefit hedge fund managers financially and/or to prevent the Conservatives from losing ground to UKIP, then they were misled and deceived by bogus figures on a bus and the xenophobic right-wing media, then we had a vote and in a surprise to no one, the majority decided to leave. What passes for democracy in action, no explanation needed.

Expanded for historical accuracy.

• Like 2

We have got what we wanted no i should say deserved. We didn't know what it was to be but didn't like what we had. We didn't know how to get there. We had an incompetent setup with parliament - all of them. It rumbled on unresolved for 5 yrs. Negotiating power diminished.

Exact example of how not to deal with a highly complex situation. 

And now its done. Not going to be undone. What have we learnt. Nothing. People still whinging on about whats wrong. Is there anyone out there worth listening to. When you have all done with saying whats wrong maybe you will focus on what needs doing.  

• Like 2

I voted for Brexit.  I've worked in Brussels and seen the empire building, unaccountability and monstrous waste first hand.  Whatever you think is wrong with the UK government then multiply it countless times.  At least we can vote our lot out.

And, life is short.  To paraphrase Anthony Hopkins - eat the delicious food.  Walk in the sunshine.  Jump in the ocean.  Say the truth that you're carrying in your heart like like hidden treasure.  Be silly.  Be kind.  Be weird.  There's no time for anything else.  Certainly not for arguing with strangers about politics on the internet.......

• Like 4

Concur with the last two posts really.

I’m sure Brexit was and is an utter disaster. Before long, it’ll be Britain, not the UK after Scotland, Wales and probably the Isle of Wight decide to go independant (again), meanwhile, everything is perfectly peachy in the Endless Utopia…..……

….but it matters not. We are where we are, and need to focus on where we want to be, not on endless p******** and moaning. 

I can’t imagine anyone expected the EU to do anything but their worst. To preserve their gravy train they need to stop anyone else breaking free so an example had to be set. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

Fully respect your choice but I did my own research and was fully informed before I voted.  To suggest I was not qualified or not equipped to make an informed choice is not really accurate or helpful.

7 hours ago, maurici said:

Well i live in a working town. In every driveaway there is a caravan and a dog.

It is a shame you are so removed from the reality of life for some many in the UK, particularly in the Brexit voting areas, you have no empathy, no inkling of how they live or why they might have thought they should be doing better..

In work poverty in the UK, it is very real, glad it makes you laugh when I mention it.  

https://www.jrf.org.uk/work/in-work-poverty

Give yourself £1300, take out an Average UK Rent, Energy Bills, Council Tax, Food and household, Clothing, a phone, basic TV and internet, a little for prescriptions, optical or dental care, bus fares to work, etc.  It will have run out long long before you get a car or a pet! 

12 minutes ago, jim_l said:

It is a shame you are so removed from the reality of life for some many in the UK, particularly in the Brexit voting areas, you have no empathy, no inkling of how they live or why they might have thought they should be doing better..

In work poverty in the UK, it is very real, glad it makes you laugh when I mention it.  

In-work poverty | JRF

Give yourself £1300, take out an Average UK Rent, Energy Bills, Council Tax, Food and household, Clothing, a phone, basic TV and internet, a little for prescriptions, optical or dental care, bus fares to work, etc.  It will have run out long long before you get a car or a pet! 

Yes. It makes me laught when i come from a place where minimum wage is 800 euros, rent is rather expensive, and cost of life  not too different than here, situation that i was still not enough years ago... but hey. Good to judge people you know nothing about them...

4 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

This is sooo good and hurtfull at the same time that i dont know if i have to like it, put it as my signature or report you to the admins.