FRIDAY 9th July 2021 WSCC Blyton Trackday

Terry Everall

any main stealers near you. i was looking for a zetec 1.8 part recently and they still had some in stock at my local ford. what ecu are you running. @Jack T

can the blacktop housing be drilled and tapped for the 1.8 sensor. im still at work if we know the thread i could bring a drill and tap with me

• Like 1

@BenD thanks, tried local dealer, factors scrap yards with no joy unfortunately. 

MBE ecu, just wondering if I could plumb the sensor in via a bit of hose to the spare outlet and use one of the blacktop ones @marcusb or @Kingsterhas very kindly offered. 

@BenD it a larger diameter one similar to a rad switch/sensor. 

Really appreciate your offer of help. 👍

@Kingster is very kindly meeting me with a black top housing which hopefully I can make work.

I was supposed to be trailering it tonight but no winch available so will just drive in the morning if I can get it together, fingers crossed! 

Just shows the power of WSCC!

If you do go down the route of putting it in a hose on the spare outlet. If you need a bung making or something to push into the hose and you know the thread I may be able to make you a fitting to make it work. I'm here till half 5

If you run a heater, disconnect the heater and put the sensor in the end of a short piece of rubber hose that would normally go to the heater and block the other pipe off with a bolt or similar and jubilee clip

• Like 1

@John funny that thought was just going round my mind, might be able to connect the gauge sensor to the other leg so I can keep an eye on temps still too. 

35 minutes ago, JamesGN said:

Probably a daft question but I'm assuming it's no shorts or t shirts. 

Long trousers and sleeves. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed today thanks. Good to meet people, see and get out on the track with other Westfields.

Thanks for organising.

Cheers

Dan

Big thank you to the Organisers of the track day, had a cracker of a day !!

thank you all