• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Democracy----You cannot be serious!

DonPeffers

21 hours ago, Arm said:

"How can the public be expected to follow covid law and rules when an MP 'makes an error'?"

Its not my view Don . And I don't support her any more than Dominic Cummins. 

But to make a leap that because they didnt follow the rules I won't is incredible.  Maybe the words she made an error is part of the thought process.  As a population are we so blinkered we will now blame this lady mp. It was stupid it was daft but its no excuse for the rest of us. 

My mate got done for speeding, he's a notable person so it must be OK for me to speed also .....

I have not posted any suggestion you would do it Ash. If such a post exists please provide it.

Hoping for some responsibility from a 60 year old MP isn't asking a lot.

Last night's Liverpool pub closing time street celebrations have been rightly condemned as irresponsible.  https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1347427/coronavirus-boris-johnson-stage-three-lockdown-Liverpool-north-rave-street-party-news

9 hours ago, DonPeffers said:

Hoping for some responsibility from a 60 year old MP isn't asking a lot.

Power corrupts...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-legal-duty-to-self-isolate-comes-into-force-today

"New legal duty to self-isolate comes into force today  Published 28 September 2020.

Fines will also be introduced from today for those breaching self-isolation rules, starting at £1,000, in line with the existing penalty for breaking quarantine after international travel."

Met Police say no action re. MP Ferrier as her action was before the law became effective apparently and case passed to Police Scotland.

Ferrier's own account, as stated in Daily Record, was she got positive result Mon 28 Sep then travelled on 29 Sep.

I am confused so await further clarification.

Didn't suggest you had Don. Just saying its not my view. UK population have a long history of being independant in their thoughts. The actions of politicians isn't influencing them

Your statement (Arm Posted Tuesday at 17:54)

" But to make a leap that because they didnt follow the rules I won't is incredible"  seems to infer I have judged your position and that is incorrect.

Below are the PM's words from 22 Sep 2020 in The Commons:-

"Actually there is an important difference between our country and many other countries around the world, that is that our country is a freedom-loving country......................and it is very difficult to ask the British population uniformly to obey guidelines in the way that it is necessary."

Boris agrees about UK population's independent thought.

We would hope for the common good that the vast majority would obey covid Law and guidance but with only 18% self-isolating correctly it seems many have yet to be convinced and we will wait to see what effect the new 3 tier restrictions have. 

Don that quote is describing the thoughts and actions of some of our great independent thinking population. For example Boris may mimick Kier using the word I to describe Keirs thoughts and actions opposing things the conservatives do.

Boris needs to concentrate less on grand speeches and his possible legacy and get on pronto sorting out a disastrous centralised Serco Test, Trace and Isolate program that's not fit for purpose (62% contacts traced latest figure).

Did they ever trace all the contacts of the missing 15841 who dropped off the Excel spreadsheet? Last report I heard from Health Sec was 63% traced.

15 oct 2020  https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-englands-contact-tracing-system-reaching-lowest-percentage-of-people-since-its-launch-12104679)

"England's contact tracing system is reaching its lowest percentage of people since it was launched, according to new figures.

The news will raise fears that the system, which works best when cases are at lower levels, can no longer act as a brake on the outbreak.

During the week ending 7 October, Test and Trace reached 62.6% of close contacts of people who tested positive for COVID-19 in England".

Also covid Law very strict enforcement essential (I nominate Corsechris as the appointed Minister) before we go through the full covid death-tsunami 7 months after the first one.

Have we learned nothing in 10 months since covid first appeared and 67.500 UK excess deaths?

Here's hoping the 2nd covid wave isn't as deadly as the first. Care home deaths already on the rise.

We live in hope.