why dont

wrightster

Another BMW driver not indicating.

*Warning* it's 6.5meg, so you might want to right click it, and "save target as"........

My limited knowledge of the dutch language came in useful there :)

Excellent

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• DickieB

• Martin Keene

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that she has driven correctly, staying in the left hand lane to go straight on?

Absolutely correct IMO

Interestingly there is a roundabout near where I live that has two un-arrowed approach lanes but only one exit lane left and one straight on.

I consider that in this instance the right hand lane can also be used for straight on but every now and then I nearly run the inside car onto the footpath as he has carried straight on :0  Who is correct ?

Sounds like the council should invest in some white paint ;)

Andy

We had a three entrance roundabout near us - clearly marked; Left, straight on and right with *big* arrows... Used to be hilarious going up the middle lane and passing *everybody* Usualy to accompaniment from various horns once you got onto the roundabout...

Eventually they did the right thing and chevroned off the third lane and marked it a-la the highway code (left lane - left and straight on, right lane - right) You still get a lot of accidents there though...

...©

These markings are on the road surface and consequently easily missed in heavy traffic. So you get plenty of locals in the right hand lane who know the rules and indicate/turn left, hitting others in the left hand lane going straight on in the belief that they are obeying the normal rules.

Ah yes. Who the hell thought of painting p#ssing direction indications on the road surface, and usually at the busiest junctions/roundabouts?

:arse: holes.

******g big soapbox we are all on, innit? :D

Most of the autobahns in the north are only 2 lane so you can be cruising at 130 mph (as I used to for 4 years of living there) in the outer lane, and suddenly a lorry will pull out to overtake another one

It was the thought of that happening which made me a very nervous passenger out there :0  Until someone pointed out that lorries are not allowed into the 2nd lane during daylight hours (or something ???  )