Westfield Web Shop Feedback.

Westfield Chesil Parts Dept

Hello All,

Jase here hoping you are well and keeping safe.

Im just looking for more feedback on the shop if possible, since the lock down started i have spent a lot of time doing some changes to layout ie new headers and sections to hopefully space things out more and to save time in searching through hundreds on parts and also updating images and descriptions to help identify certain parts.

Approximately 200 Westfield parts have been added across all sections so if anything is missing PLEASE shout so i can get it added ( i have fw hood frame to add).

We have received feedback in the past with regards to Chesil parts appearing when searching, this is something that will change but delayed slightly.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated good or bad so i can put anything wrong right. 

Many thanks and take care all.

Jase 

• Like 4

Nice work Jase @Westfield Parts Dept You have been a busy chap!

Take a look folks: https://parts.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

• Like 1

Slightly confusing to click on the instruments section, with a great AiM photo on, and find only a DASH2 plus analogue gauges, but still a work in progress...

Layout looks better on the desktop monitors, not tried from iPad etc yet though, good work so far Jase!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

Hello All,

Jase here hoping you are well and keeping safe.

Im just looking for more feedback on the shop if possible, since the lock down started i have spent a lot of time doing some changes to layout ie new headers and sections to hopefully space things out more and to save time in searching through hundreds on parts and also updating images and descriptions to help identify certain parts.

Approximately 200 Westfield parts have been added across all sections so if anything is missing PLEASE shout so i can get it added ( i have fw hood frame to add).

We have received feedback in the past with regards to Chesil parts appearing when searching, this is something that will change but delayed slightly.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated good or bad so i can put anything wrong right. 

Many thanks and take care all.

Jase 

Looking good Jase...

• Like 1

I've been browsing the parts site recently for the first time in years just ahead of putting down the deposit on my new kit yesterday (hooray!) and its definitely better than it was several years ago, so well done Jase.

You might want to check the price of https://parts.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=536&search=boot+lid&description=true though, I'm sure £1237.86 can't be right!

Some of the items could still do with more photos to show more clearly what you are getting, such as the locking boot box linked above which doesn't show the base section.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone who has provided feedback. We will be updating parts with new images and more information where we possibly.

ZK long range tank was mentioned on Friday, new images and dimensions will be provided to allow you measure up if you are thinking of swapping over. These will be updated this week.

Boot box - our supplier has advised this is the most detailed and intricate item they make for us. The labour time for it is excessively long hence the price. I boot kit here, i'll get images updated.

Any other feedback from the community?

• Kingster pinned this topic

Hi All,

We have asked for this topic to be pinned to remain active and allow the members to leave feedback and comments as and when the need arises.

If you need more images on a certain product, more information, qty required per vehicle, please feel free to comment, it allows us to see it an address it and we can advise once it's completed.

Constant feedback will enable us to improve.

Stay safe.

Thank you

Parts Dept.

• Like 3

Morning all,

Noticed a few of you enquiring about the front led indicator spacers on here so these have now been added to the shop.

https://parts.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/body-interior-electrical/lighting?product_id=1588

Any other missing items or issues please let us know.

Thanks

Parts Dept

• Like 1

Thanks guys, it is definitely better and the more detail you can add the better.  Adding the 'old' build and set up manuals has been really helpful!

For a slightly longer term project you could add a section for Old/Obsolescent/Unable to supply items for that we have fitted, but you no longer stock or have a supplier. On a number of occasions, you have been able to direct me to an alternative supplier i.e. ZK In-tank fuel pump.  This would help out those of us with older cars to source replacement parts - sort of a Westfield Heritage Page?

Oh yes and more Westfield merchandise - Pat, I still want that A5 notebook(Moleskine) with Westy Logo!

• Like 3

Great to see this being actively worked on! :) 

Would there be any chance of listing older models in the 'model specific' section too? As a 90's SE owner it would be great if I could click it to easily see what is still available that will fit. Appreciate this might mean more (and perhaps less well sold nowadays) parts being added to the catalogue to work well, but I'd definitely benefit from knowing what was and wasn't viable when planning jobs on the car.

• Like 1

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO It's hard to advise for obsolete products that are no longer available for earlier models in the Westfield range, most of the parts are identified via email through the Technical Department. The range in previous years, was massive 10-15 different chassis, lots of engine types and other options. The parts would potentially go into the thousands. Unfortunately we just do not have the time to offer this service. Thankfully, we have such a great forum, where people own the earlier models in the range and have great knowledge and are able to advise.

@Andy M We are limited with drop down options. Improving the parts descriptions would be a better option for the parts that may be suitable for early models in the range.

Biggest challenge, I find on parts inquires for earlier vehicles, customers (not all) don't know what they have installed on the vehicles. This is down to a number of reasons. Biggest, these are hobbyist vehicles, designed to allow customers to build and change to different specifications, what was installed many years ago, you will find isn't what is installed now. Aftermarket parts are fitted, alternative engines, other manufacturers products. Also for the early vehicles, some suppliers are no longer here, products would have been superseded and changed.

Not the answer, you both had hoped for but it gives you an insight as to why we cannot proceed with the particular ideas.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Totally understand 👍

Having a look tonight for door hinges and a speed sensor but they seem to have disapeared as has the drop down for a seiw

9 minutes ago, 1960dave said:

Having a look tonight for door hinges and a speed sensor but they seem to have disapeared as has the drop down for a seiw

Hinges are listed under body fittings as was just looking for someone