What’s your next track day going to be?

TAFKARM

Apparently Boris is making an announcement on Sunday..so we should know then if he is opening up track days again!!

Might be time to go into the garage and give the Pintosaurus a prod to see if it's still alive. 🙂

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Might be time to go into the garage and give the Pintosaurus a prod to see if it's still alive. 🙂

Mine hasn't turned a wheel for four years... :down:  I started it a year or so ago - Easy Start works wonders - but in the garage the fumes got too bad and I didn't want to get it off the trailer so I shut it off. The alternator is not charging - again. This, as you'll know, is a perennial Pinto problem 'cos of the manifold cooking it. I really must drop the alternator off and run it up on the bench to find out what's wrong. It might be prudent to buy a new spray bar after all this time.

18 minutes ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Mine hasn't turned a wheel for four years... :down:  I started it a year or so ago - Easy Start works wonders - but in the garage the fumes got too bad and I didn't want to get it off the trailer so I shut it off. The alternator is not charging - again. This, as you'll know, is a perennial Pinto problem 'cos of the manifold cooking it. I really must drop the alternator off and run it up on the bench to find out what's wrong. It might be prudent to buy a new spray bar after all this time.

Shame on you! 😉 

Mine last ran March 9th, so not so long really. Removed plugs, built up oil pressure, fitted plugs …. terr  rrrerr  Brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaappppp! 👍

I got sick of the big alternators cooking, so fitted a small denso one. I think one failed but the replacements been good so far.

Have even pushed it out and given it a wash off.. still looks grubby.. 😚

You may have inspired me to move my :arse: and actually get mine going. Now my local friendly MoT station is back open I will have an opportunity to drive it legitimately without VED. It's always insured anyway. The last trackday was Hullavington in October 2015 :cry:

I go through the plugs out routine but drizzle some oil in the bores as well. Maybe that's why it was reluctant to start...

Has anyone seen any updates about opening up track days..MSV is still showing 18th May as bookable dates.. but I think that it has always been that.. I can not see any recent updates...

I saw one being advertised as confirmed (by the circuit) on, for the first week of June yesterday. Obviously, they did say that if restrictions change at all, second peak etc, that could alter.

Blyton's supposedly open for business now? I'm not quite sure we're there yet with the travel restrictions.. we can now travel by car to exercise.. but towing a car on a trailer to exercise at Cadwell? hmmmm 🤔

I think we soon will be in a position to do trackdays, possibly from June?

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Blyton's supposedly open for business now? I'm not quite sure we're there yet with the travel restrictions.. we can now travel by car to exercise.. but towing a car on a trailer to exercise at Cadwell? hmmmm 🤔

I think we soon will be in a position to do trackdays, possibly from June?

Yes that’s my take on it too...

5 minutes ago, Mole said:

Or we would have to drive there!

With a set of running gear in the passenger seat for Exercise when you get there....

14 minutes ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

With a set of running gear in the passenger seat for Exercise when you get there....

Technically you don’t need to do exercise now, so you could sunbathe 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Technically you don’t need to do exercise now, so you could sunbathe 😁

Well at least he won't have any trouble finding somewhere to keep his mankini in a Westfield!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Well at least he won't have any trouble finding somewhere to keep his mankini in a Westfield!

Ouch! That is not a great image...

all MSV tracks back open from 27th May, so looking like we will be playing shortly.

no passengers but car sharing allowed 

• Like 1