• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• david.c

• scruffythefirst

• Pete Collins

I got done twice within 19 minutes coming out of Swansea onto the M4.  I didn't see the BA****DS anywhere....

I didn't recieve points for them both. (don't Know why). Might have been because I posted them back in the same envelope and wrote an apologetic letter..

:down:

I can't answer this poll, as there isn't a 'never' option :)

Andy

Andy

Whoops! Is there anyway that I can add this retrospectively?

Not sure. On the original post, is there an 'edit' or 'edit poll' button? Try that...

Andy

6 Times  :(

4 in the sixties

(when you were a Mod on a Lambretta decked out in chrome nearly every time you went out you got pulled for something)

1 in the seventies

1 in the nineties, 107 mph 2 week ban no points.

Of course there were numerous other offenses/endorsments like no L plates and carrying passengers as a learner on the scooter.

Hmmm, done properly twice in the UK (points and fines :( ) but I also got a nice souvenir from a Maine State Trooper on our honeymoon a few years back !!

The request for "licence and registration" was met by me handing over a UK drivers licence (showing *cough* points) and the biggest pile of hire car paperwork I could muster !!  The look on his face was priceless !!  All I got was a written warning.  Oh yes, and a major bollocking from SWMBO !! :D

I got done, 4 mates in the car, fully loaded with stuff doing 94ish, on the way back from a field trip in newcastle.  I saw a marked plod car on a bridge and slowed down a bit, thinking he was checking the other side of the road, few minutes later there's this nasty flashing blue light behind me.  Which was nice.  Good job i slowed down cos i must have been doing over a "ton" for most of the journey up to that point (sunshine, dry, empty road)

Best memory of my mum driving, she got done for 98 or so, and when told her speed she said "is that all?" to the copper. :durr:

Scruffy

Not sure. On the original post, is there an 'edit' or 'edit poll' button? Try that...

Andy

There doesn't appear to be the option to edit a poll. We'll have to live with it for now.

Around 7 times in 20 years and 5 of these over the past 6 years f-ing speed cameras.I got done in 2000 for 32 in a 30mph in Leeds

Buzz

32 in a 30 really is taking the p*** I think.

However, IMO that's where speed cameras should be, not on wide open roads with a national speed limit.

Andy

Once laser about 7 years ago and one pending !!!

Have been stopped twice in the US.  Once on the lonliest road from Reno to Salt Lake City.  Fortunately iwas low on fuel and going for consumption.  Had it been a few hundred miles earlier ....

I think more interesting would be how many people have gone to court for a speeding offence and won.

My brother has twice and won both.  (once laser and once camera) This will be my first time.  Apparently courts see it as a waste of their time and so often lean in the motorists favour.

Also what is the fastest stopped and let off.  Three friends were stopped at 124mph and let off - is that a record ?

David

Andy

I don't want tempt fate...........so I will just let Andy say it again.  :D  :p   :oops:

Have been done for more serious things about a dozen plus years ago, so the coppers wern't that bothered with the speeding side of things  :arse:  :arse:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

David

P.S.  XTR2Turbo  - about 80 in a 30 :blush:  :blush: (about 20 years ago)