dodgy advert for westfield on ebay again- Q824GFY

The Cheese

I've seen this guys adverts quite a few times... Always 1 picture and a email address.

A real shame as they read like my lottery win garage... Chevette HS, Alfasud, Delta HF Turbo, GT Junior, Tickford Capri, P1800S

UR Quattro, Lotus Sunbeam etc etc! 😂

On 05/12/2019 at 08:13, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

A link to the dodgy ad would help?

I suppose it would help if I kNew how to put a link up on here maybe you could enlighten me 

and it’s easy to spot a dodgy ad  

the item number it was under didn't even exist 

but thought you might know this 

glad to help / advise. What are you using to post on here, PC, phone/tablet etc and I'll then advise accordingly.

I'd not spotted that the item number wasn't valid. I did see the car very briefly before it was taken down. Even without a link, thanks for helping to protect members of our community from dodgy ads!

6 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

glad to help / advise. What are you using to post on here, PC, phone/tablet etc and I'll then advise accordingly.

I'd not spotted that the item number wasn't valid. I did see the car very briefly before it was taken down. Even without a link, thanks for helping to protect members of our community from dodgy ads!

It’s back on by the way under new name 

3 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

It’s back on by the way under new name 

So it is: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WESTFIELD-SEW/293363339254?hash=item444dd14ff6:g:Tx0AAOSwI11d6Tz6

I just copy the address from the box at the top of my browser (Chrome) and then paste into this reply as above.

image.png.33d5ce32f4428f8d961a7bb9350a8e7d.png

Let's see how he replies:

image.png.fad394b407cf80d2cd9cc8ad8697dce4.png

• Like 3

MOT check shows expired in May and it's SORN. year of manufacture is 1997. Last V5C issue was Aug 2018.

This looks like one we were watching early this year, seem to remember he/she wanted some strange cash transfer

I assume he doesn’t own any of the cars listed and just steals pics of cars from the web. Not nice for the genuine owners or prospective buyers etc

Amazing, 10 pages of vehicles for sale, and all 5days 21hours left on all of them! How does he do it?

6 minutes ago, stephenh said:

Amazing, 10 pages of vehicles for sale, and all 5days 21hours left on all of them! How does he do it?

He'll be using some program to mass publish I suspect, given the time as you well spot but all the photo with each vehicle has different e-mail address !

17 minutes ago, stephenh said:

This is how "using a drop-ship software that copies web pages for you to edit & saves in a database with all your other items. One click & before you finish boiling the kettle they are all listed."  The facebook Scam group I am in have been reporting this account for more than 24hrs now but ebay is it's usual crap self at not doing anything about it. eBay really is **** these days. Be very very careful buying anything.

It helps if you guys all report any of the adverts when you see them. They are really obvious as the 2nd picture shows a link to an email address to contact them on 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nick - Joint North East AO said:

This is how "using a drop-ship software that copies web pages for you to edit & saves in a database with all your other items. One click & before you finish boiling the kettle they are all listed."  The facebook Scam group I am in have been reporting this account for more than 24hrs now but ebay is it's usual crap self at not doing anything about it. eBay really is **** these days. Be very very careful buying anything.

It helps if you guys all report any of the adverts when you see them. They are really obvious as the 2nd picture shows a link to an email address to contact them on 

@Nick - Joint North East AO can you be a bit clearer on the exact steps to report them to e-bay with. I've tried and the categories aren't too clear etc. They don't make it easy etc.

Just now, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

@Nick - Joint North East AO can you be a bit clearer on the exact steps to report them to e-bay with. I've tried and the categories aren't too clear etc. They don't make it easy etc.

No, they certainly don't. I use

1. Listing practices
  2. Fraudulent listing activities
  3. You suspect that a listing is fraudulent

For each of the 3 questions that they give you. Although I do sometimes wonder if you might get a better response using the cheating eBay out of fees by contacting outside eBay one, so have used that also. Trouble is they rarely get back you, just take it down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems he's been rumbled by a few other enthusiast clubs too - they have been bidding silly amounts on some of his "stock" - £50k + for  abond Bug anyone?

It would be good if he got stung for hefty sellers fees.....