dodgy advert for westfield on ebay again- Q824GFY

The Cheese

33 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

For fun, I wrote to the e-mail in the picture with the add. Here's his reply:

Thank you for your interest. Sorry for the late reply. The Westfield is
still for sale and available for viewing in Dingwall, Highlands Scotland.
In very good looking and working condition. It belonged to my brother who
unfortunately passed away a few months ago. All UK paperwork available and
in my name, HPI clear. I reside in Germany due to work commitments. The
reason I am selling is that it costs too much to change the registration
from UK to German papers as well as the delivery fees to Germany which are
considerably high.

My last asking price is £3800 including delivery to any UK mainland
address. Where abouts are you based?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Carl Price

On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 14:44, Ian K <ian@ian-k.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>
>
> I’m very interested in your Westfield.
>
>
>
> What mileage has it done.
>
>
>
> Where In the UK is it.
>
>
>
> Can I give you a deposit to hold the car, until I come and view it. I
> really want it!
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian

Now what is going to be fun is when it's pulled from eBay you can ask him why it's gone. Of course 2 or 3 months to sort Probate out is total rubbish as anyone who has done it will tell you, you are very luck to get it done that quickly. 

Looking forward to the "give me the address and I'll go and see it, I only live 10 minutes away, how lucky is that" ;) 

• Haha 2

Oh and sorry, but I reported it 👍

• Like 1

I wrote back:

"

Hi Carl,

Sorry to hear of your recent bereavement.

Thanks for the e-mail below. I know Dingwall, It’s just above Inverness.

As you’re in Germany, who do I need to speak with to view the car ? Do you have family or a friend I can facetime and have a virtual look at the car before I drive up to see it. I’m in stoke on trent, so it’s a fair way to go etc.

You’ve not said how I can pay a deposit, as I don’t want to lose this opportunity to get the car. It’s just the car for me and the price is great too! I’ve looked at quite a few and they’ve not been as described etc. Please advise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, marcusb said:

I've just sent him another enquiry, I hope I get in before @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO 😁

You're closer, so will get to Scotland before me :praise:. Which of him many e-mail address have you written to?

the hagt2892 gmail one :yes:

3 minutes ago, marcusb said:

the hagt2892 gmail one :yes:

Mine went to- Carl S. Price <mout3828@gmail.com> 

Let's see what name replies to your attempt to gazump me!

• Haha 1

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO I've had a reply and it looks like he has changed his name by d poll :ph34r:

I wrote:

''Hi Dude, Ive seen your westfield for sale on the bay nice looking car, Ive had a robin hood before which I loved but wrote it off last year after I tried to over take a car and mis judged it, anyway always fancied a westfield and should have more power than my old robin, can you tell me more info about it whats the engine and whats the power mate? and whats the price outside of ebay? youve said 3800 mate but what can you go down to for cash? not bothered about mot I know somebody. Thanks mate''

and he replied:

''Thank you for your interest. Sorry for the late reply. The WESTFIELD SEW is still for sale and available for viewing in Dingwall, Highlands Scotland. In very good looking and working condition. It belonged to my brother who unfortunately passed away a few months ago. All UK paperwork available and in my name, HPI clear. I reside in Germany due to work commitments. The reason I am selling is that it costs too much to change the registration from UK to German papers as well as the delivery fees to Germany which are considerably high.

My last asking price is £3800 including delivery to any UK mainland address. Where abouts are you based?

Kind regards,
Thomas Jager''

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marcusb said:

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO I've had a reply and it looks like he has changed his name by d poll :ph34r:

I wrote:

''Hi Dude, Ive seen your westfield for sale on the bay nice looking car, Ive had a robin hood before which I loved but wrote it off last year after I tried to over take a car and mis judged it, anyway always fancied a westfield and should have more power than my old robin, can you tell me more info about it whats the engine and whats the power mate? and whats the price outside of ebay? youve said 3800 mate but what can you go down to for cash? not bothered about mot I know somebody. Thanks mate''

and he replied:

''Thank you for your interest. Sorry for the late reply. The WESTFIELD SEW is still for sale and available for viewing in Dingwall, Highlands Scotland. In very good looking and working condition. It belonged to my brother who unfortunately passed away a few months ago. All UK paperwork available and in my name, HPI clear. I reside in Germany due to work commitments. The reason I am selling is that it costs too much to change the registration from UK to German papers as well as the delivery fees to Germany which are considerably high.

My last asking price is £3800 including delivery to any UK mainland address. Where abouts are you based?

Kind regards,
Thomas Jager''

Word for word the same other than the name at the end! I've not had a further reply.

• Haha 1

co-incidentally, I've now had a further reply!

Hello, The vehicle is located in Dingwall, Highlands Scotland. Unfortunately, I have relocated to Berlin and Dingwall is too far away to arrange a viewing for each offer I get. I suggest going through eBay for your peace of mind. As a payment method, we can use Adyen.com secure online service which gives you 7 days inspection period on all vehicles for high amount payments before Adyen pays the seller (similar to escrow service and more secure than PayPal). eBay is to replace PayPal with Adyen as its payment system a leading global payments processor, to become its primary payments, processing partner. Regarding delivery, someone will transport it safely to your location.

The total price is £3800 including delivery fees and insurance. ETA on delivery 4 to 6 working days. I will set up a purchase agreement with Adyen and offer a full 7 days inspection period through their money back guarantee purchase protection program. This purchase protection guarantees that the vehicle is exactly as described; basically, once delivered, you'll have 7 days to inspect it and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded instantly by Adyen and they will charge me with the return delivery costs.

I will get paid only after you confirm that the vehicle is as described. Let me know if you want to go ahead as I still have quite a few more offers from potential buyers. If you do want to go ahead please email me your full name and address along with your daily contact number to get this purchase registered with eBay and Adyen's secure payment service.

Many thanks,
Carl

How thoughtful! Adyen, don't get very good reviews! https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/adyen.com just in case you're still planning to 'steal this from under my nose' @marcusb

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You should send that to eBay @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

It's not that easy as there's not a contact us e-mail address at e-mail etc and the add's been deleted again and will no doubt surface with another fake account. I'll continue fishing to see if I can get some traceable info like phone number, address, bank account etc.

• Like 2

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply below. I fully understand your position and wouldn’t expect you to fly over just for a viewing, hence my suggestion for us to use skpye/facetime with someone local to the vehicle to enable me to look around it that way? Could this work?

I’m really worried I’m going to miss out on this vehicle and would like to put a deposit down, say £500 to show my genuine intentions. This would be on the basis if the vehicle is as described on delivery, I will pay the balance in full. Hence, please advise bank details and I’ll transfer the money today.

I’ve not heard of Adyen before, and based on the reviews here, https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/adyen.com I’m not happy using it, are you?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I've had a reply @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO looks like poor blokes getting his names mixed up now! He was Thomas before to me now Carl like your replies! looks like reply is same as yours requested payment via Ayden

I said:

'''Hi Thomas, thanks for your reply mate and sorry about your brother, the westy looks a bargain but too far for me to view as I am in Portsmouth! can you send me any money shot pics of the engine? I would prefer to view the car before buying not sure who's looking after the car for you? if you deliver the car without me viewing the car first and I don't want like it do I still have to pay you some delivery money? hows about £3500 if you deliver it to me cash but if I dont like it I will pay you £100 for bringing it to me to look at? cheers Dude'''

He replied:

'''Hello, The vehicle is located in Dingwall, Highlands Scotland. Unfortunately, I have relocated to Berlin and Dingwall is too far away to arrange a viewing for each offer I get. I suggest going through eBay for your peace of mind. As a payment method, we can use Adyen.com secure online service which gives you 7 days inspection period on all vehicles for high amount payments before Adyen pays the seller (similar to escrow service and more secure than PayPal). eBay is to replace PayPal with Adyen as its payment system a leading global payments processor, to become its primary payments, processing partner. Regarding delivery, someone will transport it safely to your location.

The total price is £3800 including delivery fees and insurance. ETA on delivery 4 to 6 working days. I will set up a purchase agreement with Adyen and offer a full 7 days inspection period through their money back guarantee purchase protection program. This purchase protection guarantees that the vehicle is exactly as described; basically, once delivered, you'll have 7 days to inspect it and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded instantly by Adyen and they will charge me with the return delivery costs.

I will get paid only after you confirm that the vehicle is as described. Let me know if you want to go ahead as I still have quite a few more offers from potential buyers. If you do want to go ahead please email me your full name and address along with your daily contact number to get this purchase registered with eBay and Adyen's secure payment service.

Many thanks,
Carl''''