2020 Trackday chat

TAFKARM

55 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Surely it’s safer to bomb around a circuit in your car than go to a supermarket hunting for loo roll?

As long as TDO’s do outdoor briefings, the risk is minimal. 

Fingers crossed common sense prevails!

Oh I agree. If I was a decade or two younger, I'd be there in a flash. It's that link between the older you are, the more serious the illness is, that has me worried.

The weekly shop is a necessary risk, but no matter how hard I try to convince myself .. bombing round Oulton Park isn't. 

Might just have to practice my racing lines in Asda for now. 😎 

I think although unnecessary..maybe safer on track that in Asda.. especially considering all the idiots doing their annual shopping..

Sainsbury's now allowing only the oldies to shop for the first hour..maybe the TDO s could allow the same!!!

Take care..I think being sensible for the next few months is the right thing..then have fun again for many years when this is over!

• Like 1

Liking this bit.

No briefing will be required for experienced rider/drivers, i.e. if you have participated in a track day at that circuit within 18 months, subject to significant changes in weather or track-conditions

:yes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Liking this bit.

No briefing will be required for experienced rider/drivers, i.e. if you have participated in a track day at that circuit within 18 months, subject to significant changes in weather or track-conditions

:yes:

almost sounds like your trying to convince yourself its a good idea🤣

Me too Andrew, finally some sense!

BTW I had no idea you 'had so much life experience' - seems a sensible decision to keep away from people as much as you can in that case.

Fairly sure I will book on, just need to check car starts / runs etc, could be the 'last hurrah' for some time!

5 minutes ago, AdamR said:

could be the 'last hurrah' for some time!

Yes - seriously trying to figure out how I can join in, but my workload is actually increasing because of this (I develop online training platforms!)

1 minute ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Yes - seriously trying to figure out how I can join in, but my workload is actually increasing because of this (I develop online training platforms!)

just dont develop them on tuesday the 24th lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I sell fuel to people with private jets so I’m twiddling my thumbs!

20 minutes ago, AdamR said:

BTW I had no idea you 'had so much life experience' - seems a sensible decision to keep away from people as much as you can in that case.

Tbh, I reckon I could attend a trackday .. park up in the far corner of the paddock and keep myself to myself.. but for me trackdays are more than just the driving. I do enjoy a wander round the paddock having a poke around the cars and a bit of a  chat? Wouldn't be the same.

Make the most of it chaps, I cant see it lasting for long. 

Liking the "life experience" bit too Adam. 😄

He wasn't old .. he died of an overdose of life experience? 😄

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RussH said:

I sell fuel to people with private jets so I’m twiddling my thumbs!

Do you clean their windscreens while they're filling up Russ? 🙂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Do you clean their windscreens while they're filling up Russ? 🙂

Don’t be silly, I can’t reach that high! I just kick the tyres. 

• Haha 1

Nah. Just keep an eye on temps if in a queue and shut off if necessary. Never needed on track. Better flow through the rad without one too.

14 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Nah. Just keep an eye on temps if in a queue and shut off if necessary. Never needed on track. Better flow through the rad without one too.

One less job for me to do then lol