ISS pass

Andrew

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Well I looked and looked.. saw a few satellites all following the same track.. but not particularly close together? Not sure if that was them or not.

Yes, that was them. I just watched about 30 fly over.

• Like 1

Well I stood outside shivering and as usual, a disappointment. Nothing! :suspect:

I saw loads from about 21.50 to 22:40 they are spaced apart .. also saw a shooting star as well from the Lyrid shower 😀

The peak of the Lyrid shower is tomorrow

12 hours ago, Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) said:

They are on for the next few nights. These are the sighting time over Hull.

https://findstarlink.com/#1525;3

Thanks for the link Geoffrey. They pass over here tonight at 10:34hrs according to that site and my co-ordinates.

8 minutes ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Thanks for the link Geoffrey. They pass over here tonight at 10:34hrs according to that site and my co-ordinates.

Hope you get a good sighting. Some of them at faint so try to find a viewing area that is away from any lights.

• 1 month later...

Passing over tonight at 22:06hrs

that's in 15 minutes !

It was clear but hazy in Yorkshire so the ISS was the only star in the sky 😎

9D3D74E2-0543-48E6-A8DD-A431614129AA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

And I read this 16 minutes later. *Sigh*

It’s over again tonight 23:43 hours 

Only just saw this thread and noticed it's going over again tonight so going to try and catch it. Not seen it in years actually.

From where I am near Chester it will be going over at 10:55pm (Duration 6 min | Max height 45° | Appear 10° above W | Disappear 16° above SE).

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

There is a falcon 9 rocket launch today that passes over UK a few minutes later at 21:55 :cool:

On Thursday 25th June 2020 we are in for a treat. We can watch a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launch a new batch of 60 Starlink satellites live from Cape Canaveral, Florida. Around 15 minutes later, the very same rocket and its payload of 60 Starlink satellites should be quite visible as it passes over the UK after launch.

What Time?

The Starlink launch is expected at 21:39 BST (UK Time). This may change so stay up to date on launch timings with @VirtualAstro on twitter and Facebook.

The final stage of the rocket and its cargo of satellites should be visible approximately 10 – 15 minutes after launch. So, start looking at 21:55 if the launch goes to plan. Give yourself a few minutes leeway either side.

Please note: Northern areas of the UK may not be able to see the spacecraft immediately after launch due to sunset times, especially in Scotland. However, you should be able to see the satellites on consecutive passes. Follow @VirtualAstro on twitter and Facebook for info.

https://www.meteorwatch.org/

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Bttt 3 minute warning visible at 22:44 tonight 😎