ISS pass

Andrew

Thanks for heads up. Just had good view down in "Sunny" Somerset ;)

Getting some good pass overs atm, just passed lovely clear sky dropped out of light just after the half moon, I phone not good at autofocus  😂

AE0AA11F-4852-4BF1-B551-EBDBEFF532E1.jpeg

• Like 1

I had another attempt at a pic.. I think the camera has focussed on the foliage in the foreground.. it's a bit fuzzy. :(

DSC_8514.thumb.JPG.8efed93423d92b2f24162873ad16b462.JPG

• Like 1

ISS was close to moon tonight which was too bright - think I might have to try/attempt the dslr on a tripod/ long exposure for next pass :cool:

18 minutes ago, marcusb said:

ISS was close to moon tonight which was too bright - think I might have to try/attempt the dslr on a tripod/ long exposure for next pass :cool:

That's what I used for the above shot. 30 sec exposure. Something wrong making it fuzzy though.

• 3 months later...

Some good pass overs to spot next few days and with nothing else to do why not! 2 tonight one just gone next at 21:17

here is my app screenshot of the moon, Venus and ISS along with my actual action shot 😎

BBA88A1D-0841-4115-8449-4E3D4C8C982B.png

86636874-EEC1-4046-A8CA-BAFB5E608FEA.jpeg

• Like 2

saw the 21:17 one, thanks for that 👍

Self isolation, taken to a new level.

Fantastic to see. The grandkids saw it on Christmas eve a few years ago, magical. They still believe, and so do I.

Next passes...

89D51390-6408-4EAA-BCC6-8F63E66E6D69.png

Was out with our little one watching the Starlink satellites going over and topped it off with ISS. It is quite surreal watching a series of satellites go through the telescope view one after another.

We also found M81.

• 4 weeks later...

Starlink satelites are due over just before 10pm according to BBC weatherman. Not seen them before so I'm going to start scanning skywards about 9-55 🤓

Getting ready, sky is clear.

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Starlink satelites are due over just before 10pm according to BBC weatherman. Not seen them before so I'm going to start scanning skywards about 9-55 🤓

Lyrid meteor shower as well :yes:

Well I looked and looked.. saw a few satellites all following the same track.. but not particularly close together? Not sure if that was them or not.