Donington Kit Car Show

Club Chairman (Reserve)

Dear Mr. Cloud, or can I call you moonie.

It sounds like you've passed your SVD test.....Single Vehicle Disapproval.

Seriously, Neil is right, it is a members area for members cars, your difficulty will be the gatepersons. Good luck and I hope you get in and enjoy the weekend.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilwillis

• taffy

• cast iron

• Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

Just back from the event.

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

I think we can safely say it was a success, and apart from the weather (too hot for a change!;) a fun time was had by all.   Simon's DJ-ing, and Michelle's Disco Diva act and Charlie's voice over went down very well with those brave enough to attend yet anohter show rave, but Charlie - can you get some better jokes for the next session?

Buzz's taxi service on the track day added another element - mainly of blind terror - for everyone that was mad enough to get into the V8 with him.   I even got black flagged - and as a result an extra session free - it seems my engine is a tad loud when I floor it :D

Thanks also to every one that came along - we counted over 200 cars on the Saturday, and probably more on the Sunday though it was far too hot to count them all.

For the benefit of everyone who camped over, We will be making sure we are given better facilities next year - I think we should at least have shower facilities, and hot water too.

Finally, thanks to Rob Satherley and Garry Bunn for their organisation of the WSCC area.   Rob's diplomacy was needed at times, but we can safely say it was an excellent weekend.

Excellent day and a Big Thank You to Neil, Taffy and all the other Lads who made the event a very enjoyable experience,

Parking was well organised,  Well Done  :t-up:

I also managed to save £30 on bits which paid for my petrol  :D

Had a look at a couple of the Bike Engine cars and i have to say i liked what i saw (and Heard  :cool: )

Mmmm where's the other half hid the cheque book now  ???  :xmas:  :xmas:

Thanks again Lads  :t-up:

Cracking good weekend. Spot on saturday night I cant wait to see the pictures. :p

See you all soon

Barry

A good time was had by all I believe, Was it as good as Harrogate - Not sure

Cracking job by everyone involved on the Westy side, as for the show people, (refraining from using the word organisers-trade descriptions act and all that) the facilities were shocking / non existent.

The track day organisation was abismal. Straight out of pits after a 20 min track session into a queue of people buying ice cream! Anyone could go out in any session then they would black flag you if they thought you were in the wrong group!

But again top marks to the two and four legged Westy Crewe for hospitality and entertainment :cool:

Thanks to the club members who welcomed me earlyish on the Saturday morning - apologies can't remember names, but bloke with the ivory swept wing westie, thanks for making introductions, it just went to prove what a friendly club this is.

Unfortunately couldn't stay that long, but certainly hope to see many of you again and hope to make the whole weekend next year now I now what fun it is!

Cheers

Mark

(white swept wing westie)

:blues:

Have to agree, wonderful weekend. Thanks to Simon, Michelle, Charley & karen for your hospitality and facilities.

Just to clear on thing up before the rumours start: I know nothing about the Caterham R400 that ended up in the Robin Hood owners club area. (and neither do Buzz or Charley) :arse:

Have to agree, wonderful weekend. Thanks to Simon, Michelle, Charley & karen for your hospitality and facilities

Yup, great music, thanks to everybody who helped out. :D  :D

Rob

Great weekend I think, - bits if it are very, very hazy!!!! I can safely say that Pete's V8 was truly awesome around the track, - yes I was one of the lunatics that went out as a passenger. I doudt anyone present from Robin Hood, (boys in tights), Ferrari replica club, (MR2 with perspex), or Caterham, (anyone seen our R300?) will ever speak to a Westfield owner again!!!!! (shame).

Hope the item of female underwear that is now club property is in safe hands!, - You had to be there!!! I believe the owner wishes to remain anonymous!!!

Thanks to everyone who was there. For the first time this summer I actually got the car home without being rained on!!

Not looking forward to the pictures to much.

:p:p:D:D:D:D

Charlie.

Yeah - was a bit worried by the track day organisation - as they didn't appear to be doing any breifings ???:0 - I turned up for my session and was just told to report for a noise test - now that was a farce - they said they clocked me at 101 dB (@ 3/4 revs) which is far louder than I've ever had before - but after telling me that I'd failed - they then let me on ??? - this bit probably will upset the guys in the purple & orange xtr2 - who also failed - and weren't allowed on - but that may have had something to do with trying to convince the marshalls that red line on a 'busa is 8k (not)

Oh- and thanks to Steve for the loan of his helmet - when we finally got into a session we got about 30-40 mins & 17 laps

Steve

Yeah - was a bit worried by the track day organisation

Neil, Gary and meself will be letting the organisers our collective concerns about track and other areas.

Seems they have a long way to go.

It was a great weekend. :D  :D

Rob

Hi all, I travelled down both days in the westie - now wish I had camped, sounds as if a good time was had by all. I was going to book a session on the track but it looked as if red flags were the order of the day. A great venue for the show (or should I say 2 shows). Whats with the fencing that now separates the open area. Great parking for westies and Cobras but I do feel a litte sorry for the others that many people missed. Thanks to all the WSSC people who organised the parking. :D  :D

Hope the item of female underwear that is now club property is in safe hands!, - You had to be there!!! I believe the owner wishes to remain anonymous!!!

They were yours all along then Charlie?   I'd never have thought you were a size 10  :p

I can reliably inform everyone that they have been laundered by Kerstin, and will be making an appearance at an upcoming event.

:oops:  :oops:  :oops: