Chesil Sportcars acquired by Westfield?

Quinten

I must admit I was somewhat confused at the Silverstone "offering" as it appeared to my confused brain to be an old (metal) car with a new Tesla motor in it - rather than a "new kit" with the more expected GRP body over a space frame chassis. 

Wrong!

Edited by Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO
I’m a muppet

Chris,

The car at Silverstone and all Chesil cars past and future have and will have painted GRP bodies.

The car on display was the prototype Chesil E which was originally built in 2002 and retro fitted with the the motor and batteries.

Simon

• Like 3

Thank s for clarifying Simon, I must admit I thought it was grp, had started to think I was going mad if it was actually steel!

I had to laugh though, talking to the guys about it I fell into the classic E trap, of wrinkling my nose at the range, when I asked. Then Simon pointed out it was as good as probably most Westfields and better than many! (I think Simon said about 180 miles or so).

bl**** hell I could have sworn it was steel! Must be going completely senile 😁🤣

• Haha 1

Was the boot lid metal? Maybe I’m just living in a parallel universe...

1 hour ago, Simon Westwood - Westfield Sportscars Ltd said:

Chris,

The car at Silverstone and all Chesil cars past and future have and will have painted GRP bodies.

The car on display was the prototype Chesil E which was originally built in 2002 and retro fitted with the the motor and batteries.

Simon

Edited my previous posts that were obviously the result of some sort of flash-back from my misspent youth 😁

Im going to just hide in a corner now and all subsequent posts of mine will include the words “allegedly” or “in my opinion your honour” 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Edited my previous posts that were obviously the result of some sort of flash-back from my misspent youth 😁

Im going to just hide in a corner now and all subsequent posts of mine will include the words “allegedly” or “in my opinion your honour” 

Too many ales over the weekend me thinks :laugh:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KugaWestie said:

Too many ales over the weekend me thinks :laugh:

Worryingly I was completely sober at the time. Might have had a bit of “residual influence” in the system though 🤣

...allegedly 

• Haha 1

Just now, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Worryingly I was completely sober at the time. Might have had a bit of “residual influence” in the system though 🤣

...allegedly 

"Addled" is probably the word you are looking for 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, KugaWestie said:

"Addled" is probably the word you are looking for 🤣

Maybe, but “muppet” springs to mind more easily 😁

• Haha 1

it was pretty early and you had a long drive the previous day in the hot weather......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At first glimpse I thought it was Clark Howe’s newly restored Speedster.  😀

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Simon Westwood - Westfield Sportscars Ltd said:

it was pretty early and you had a long drive the previous day in the hot weather......

Honestly Simon - I just think I'm going ever so slightly mad...

Alledgedly!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SootySport said:

At first glimpse I thought it was Clark Howe’s newly restored Speedster.  😀

Wasn't that a 550 Spyder? Though it’s been so long I can’t really remember. In fact it’s been so long, it probably counts as a barn find by now. Shame, there was some fantastic chassis work going on.