Chesil Sportcars acquired by Westfield?

Quinten

Eek. That's a lot of petrol money before the E version starts to pay for itself. But fair play for doing something new :yes:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Eek. That's a lot of petrol money before the E version starts to pay for itself. But fair play for doing something new :yes:

I think the Tesla kit is something like £25k to buy!

I can well believe it. I guess that's why most EVs you never own the battery packs and end up leasing them.

On 26/07/2019 at 14:06, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

AKA 2 Westie Dave about to become 3 Westie Dave?

I wanted to say that

( sad face )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris Brading said:

I wanted to say that

( sad face )

You just have 😁 Great minds think alike etc.

OOH I Would love a speedster!

i am suprised that Westfield appear to be only charging £3000 to build a car surely the labour should be significantly more and therefore the kit should cost less

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RICHARD+PHILIP said:

OOH I Would love a speedster!

i am suprised that Westfield appear to be only charging £3000 to build a car surely the labour should be significantly more and therefore the kit should cost less

The all important 'price from' statement will cover that!

Id like to meet someone who has ever bought a kit from Westfield at the 'from' price, especially when all the demo cars just happen to have LSD's, sport turbo seats, uprated dampers, contour dash etc etc etc. Although i did quote the 'from' price when ordering a starter kit a few years back when informing the financial controller of said transaction ;)

I really do love a speedster though, i nearly bought a rough replica one a few years back for buttons but i felt i just wasn't old enough to have one, even the rough ones are fetching strong money now, and i think with my ever increasing grey hair count i could pull it off.:d

I keep going back to a fiesta transverse mid engined rear wheel drive a la corsachris Midlana project. It might work for this chap too provided that the bodywork is as good as the one at Silverstone. 

Is the chesil supplied with a decent passable gelcoat body or is it like the cobra kits that really need a good paintjob to do them justice?

15 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Is the chesil supplied with a decent passable gelcoat body or is it like the cobra kits that really need a good paintjob to do them justice?

It's not GRP at all - it's metal 

Edit. See later post - it is GRP doh!

Edited by Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

That'll be painted then :blush:

2 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Unless Westfield has changed it the Chesil is fiberglass and good quality.

I had to smile when reading an on line comment, they were hoping this was not another brand they have bought to disappear without trace. 

I have seriously considered one of these in the past as they are fast enough for modern roads but relaxing to tour with as you do not need to drive them fast to get pleasure. 

The one they had at Silverstone LOOKED TO ME like it was made of metal. It wasn’t new though. 

Edited 🤣

Edited by Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO
Fool of a took