Peak District Run Out, Sun 21st July, Matlock 10.30

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Sainsburys Matlock DE4 3SP at 10.30am for a run on the back lanes of the Peak District to finish up at a new and right Royal pub for lunch. Cake will follow shortley after, I might try the new cafe on the Monsal Trail again if I think we can park, and defect to The Smithy in Monyash if not.

This is weather dependant, so who is going to join us if it's sunny?

• Like 1

Can’t make Sunday due to prior arrangements. If it gets switched to Saturday, due to weather, then I can probably make it. But don’t go changing the date on my account.

Hi Bill, We can't make Saturday because it is Glen's brothers 60th birthday party all afternoon, so sadly we will miss you this time. Hope to see you soon though @BillyPee

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Hi Bill, We can't make Saturday because it is Glen's brothers 60th birthday party all afternoon, so sadly we will miss you this time. Hope to see you soon though @BillyPee

Not to worry. Enjoy the party and see you both soon @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO

• Like 1

Hi Julie

Sue and myself hopefully be up for a run out if the weather is good.

• Like 1

Hi Julie, I’m hoping to join you on this one, like others it’s depending on the weather and getting in the other half good books so she will let me out and play😁, so I better crack on with the house work.

if the weather is unsure I might come in the Mx5 and tag along at the back of that’s ok but I rather be in the Westfield.

Thanks for the info @syman84 but it is £10 entry fee (car and 1 passenger) at Ashover Car Show and without any cars there is no show.

@si_salisbury if the weather is not good we are not going, at the moment the forecast is good for Sunday so I am crossing my fingers and toes that it stays that way as it would be good to see you and your car again

Cant make it again! Out for lunch for my dads birthday. I will manage to meet up at some point.....

• Like 1

Sorry to miss this but I am still without any working car so I will be stuck under one of my dead cars trying to achieve at least one runner!!!

• Sad 1

Bad back - leading to poor nights sleep so not good at moment. Will pop a few pills, have a afternoon nap like an old man and try to be ok for tomorrow. If this works see you there!  

• Like 1

The weather forecast is good so this is definitely on. I have booked a table at the pub and we can only get in at 2pm, so I have wiggled the route around a bit and we will go for coffee and cake in the plague village of Eyam first. 

The pub serve the usual menu (baguettes, fish, burgers, pie) and also offer a Sunday lunch for £10.95, the landlord is a petrol head and is looking forward to our arrival. The route is mainly B roads so it should be a good day.

• Like 3

I should be able to get there - hope to see you all in the morning

• Like 1

Pills haven’t worked but what the hell I’m coming anyway. Clearly what is needed is a long drive strapped into a seat so I can’t move. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it :)  

See you at Sainsbury’s. 

• Like 3