Snetterton JULY 25th

SootySport

7 hours ago, Mole said:

Did your slicks get sticky Andrew?

The hottest and stickiest competition was a toss up between my tyres and me!

Phew.. twas a tad warm.

:sun:

Seems like you got back in reasonable time.. hope you all had a good day without overheating..

8 hours ago, Mole said:

Seems like you got back in reasonable time.. hope you all had a good day without overheating..

I had decent enough journeys there and back, but still four and a half hours..

It looked to be a busy day.. loads of race teams in the well packed paddock. I was some distance from Bernie and his gang so was hard for me to get involved in a group thing on track. 

I didn't see much in the way of queuing to get out, although I copped a couple of red flags just as I arrived at the track entry point. The marshals seemed to clear things fairly quickly though.

Speaking of red flags.. I had a little incident which caused one of them..  :blush:  My top hose picked it's moment to split full length, depositing half my cooling system on the front left tyre just as I turned in to one of the mid circuit corners. Instant spin off! On the video its quite apparent what happened, but from my point of view, I didn't see the fluid and steam until I was on the grass. Flatbed truck back to the paddock. Apologies to those who had their session shortened. :down:

A lot of people seemed to leave early, so the afternoon was definitely quieter on track. I had a couple of sessions where I got a few clear laps in. My car's cooling seemed to cope OK, didn't see any higher than 90 on the water, but the oil temp gradually crept up towards 120. To be fair I was overheating and ready to come in before my engine. The transmission tunnel was getting very hot, and when I removed the bonnet to let the engine bay cool, the actual bonnet was very hot.. and very flexible! :laugh: The highest temp I saw on the tow car dash was 37deg.

Will get a video or two up soon.

:sun:P1150073.thumb.JPG.f3a46d67536545065496aa4bafa5b0b8.JPG

P1150064.thumb.JPG.8aadfe350eabd5b3414e00e655088bb3.JPG

Poor hose Andrew, bet that was the only part you didn’t change during your recent rad upgrade.

r888r tyres do not like 37deg. Ambient heat, they started liquifying  after about 3 laps so only did very short stints but more of them. Went home about 3:30 due the heat but still enjoyed the trackday overall.

1 hour ago, SootySport said:

Poor hose Andrew, bet that was the only part you didn’t change during your recent rad upgrade.

I'm currently on with a coolant hose replacement program …. part of the bottom hose is of similar vintage  :blush:

10 minutes ago, Mole said:

Lucky you had a spare.. how old was the hose..original?

ermmm, I think it was a late teenager. :blush:

A video. 

Had a bog standard type nine gearbox fitted, and it was pretty hopeless. Most corners were either too fast for second or too slow for third. 

There was quite a headwind down the main straight, so oddly my car was marginally faster down the start straight.

Slippy spin off at the end.