Busy weekend ahead

Kingster

No problem. Glad to be of help and hope you enjoy the rest of the trip with no more dramas!

It was pure chance that I called into a mates house on the way to the hotel and told him the unfolding story. He gave me the brand new alternator to try, but if it hadn't have worked, I was going to sacrifice the one from my own car for Chris and I would limp home on just my battery. So glad it all worked out in the end.

Cheers,

David

• Like 3

Yes indeed many thanks David and also a shout out to Gary @Alfascozzesi as they both not only volunteered to donate their own alternators but also both offered to deliver them to me!

I am lost for words thank you both!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

But alternator is goosed

Less than a year old?  Was that the replacement from blyton last year?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

Less than a year old?  Was that the replacement from blyton last year?

Yep. The very same. 

A bolt holding the diode pack thing on sheared which resulted in some shorting of bits and it failed. 

The one one I have to replace it will last the summer then I’ll buy a proper one. 

• Like 1

Superb guys, absolutely superb.

I can’t tell you what a glorious shot in the arm it was just speaking to everyone today, and witness the shear drive and willingness to go the extra mile.

Truly outstanding.

These guys weren’t just getting to unbolt bits of their cars to help a fellow member in need, they were all quite willing to drive, in one case nearly an hour each way to do it!.

The spirit and camaraderie of the club in a nutshell.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Superb guys, absolutely superb.

I can’t tell you what a glorious shot in the arm it was just speaking to everyone today, and witness the shear drive and willingness to go the extra mile.

Truly outstanding.

These guys weren’t just getting to unbolt bits of their cars to help a fellow member in need, they were all quite willing to drive, in one case nearly an hour each way to do it!.

The spirit and camaraderie of the club in a nutshell.

Agreed. Well done chaps :t-up:

• Like 2

Really must get up that way, the photos of previous Westfield trips up there, and the local runs out always look amazing, but hearing Chris describing the trip they had, mechanical glitch aside, really set me thinking about it again :d

3 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Really must get up that way, the photos of previous Westfield trips up there, and the local runs out always look amazing, but hearing Chris describing the trip they had, mechanical glitch aside, really set me thinking about it again :d

Honestly, just do it! 

Despite having “done the highlands”  a few times, I still discover the most amazing roads. 

Today though, the glenshee road was superb. Miles and miles of fantastic twistiness.

You lucky, lucky McWesty Clan. 

• Like 4

Weather looking good today!

0363D0E0-B838-4EB8-9224-529D8551E67E.jpegF25BA308-7B59-41D1-91DE-50E22C0730EB.jpeg

Paul’s car not so 

C0DD0B31-92D7-4528-8974-A4D27A76F7BE.jpeg

but it is all part of the fun apparently! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LukeW said:

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO how did you get on with half hood full cage and aero? .

No problem whatsoever. Solid as a rock - slight bit of side flap at warp speed but nothing to write home about. 

Note this is a home made roof by @Madda so can’t comment on any commercial ones. He made plenty of Velcro straps to keep it held onto the cage at various points. 

The roof definitely helped - obviously not going to stop water getting in but when you get caught in a downpour in slow traffic or at a stop it really works. Combined with half doors it’s a great solution for a caged car. 

• Thanks 1