Busy weekend ahead

Kingster

47 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

If anyone spots @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO over the weekend, approach cautiously and with intent to buy him a beer. Webmasters are a rare breed and need treating kindly with hugs (he'll love that) and ale.

image.png.e473a512d2c5e155f961e3ce990c7ad6.pngHe like popcorn too, usually consumed when he's increases server space for my every increasing number of images posted on here 😂

• Haha 4

Weather on the West coast holding and while not t shirt weather while driving a light jumper will suffice.

Hope it is the same in the East.

66DCA418-6948-4AE2-9C65-666B3E5A3593.jpeg

• Like 1

Well, the weather for @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO Is currently good, and the roads amazing, however, just had news that his alternator has packed up. 😥

I've started a thread here.

But if anyone can help, either knowing somewhere that might just have one at the weekend, or even a spare he could borrow, I know Chris and the group would really appreciate it. They are currently , (Saturday afternoon,) heading towards the Inverness area.

Please help, if you can.

Hi Dave

I don't know where else to try, but if the alternator from my own car will fit (my engine is a 1600cvh), then I'm more than happy to take it off and run down to Inverness with it to where they are staying. Chris could then just send it back to me next week.

Happy to do that if it will work and it gets him home.

David

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David-hrv said:

Hi Dave

I don't know where else to try, but if the alternator from my own car will fit (my engine is a 1600cvh), then I'm more than happy to take it off and run down to Inverness with it to where they are staying. Chris could then just send it back to me next week.

Happy to do that if it will work and it gets him home.

David

Just offered the same on the other thread.

I am an hour away from Inverness so will need to know soon if Chris wants to do it.

A large glass of Malbec is calling me 😁

Sorry Gary.

Been gardening all afternoon. Came in and only checked the one thread. I see the full story now.

Just speaking to chris at the moment, bare with me...

Weather was fabulous!

But alternator is goosed. 

Got to Inverness and now I’m great need of a beer!!!’ 

• Like 1

Thanks for all offers of help. I need to take a moment to try and figure out what to do. But I do have a spare 55ah battery plumbed in with another in another car getting charged as we drive. So we can play swappsies at a push. 

Will report back!

• Like 2

It’s the correct one for the job, simple swap. 😁😁😁😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

It’s the correct one for the job, simple swap. 😁😁😁😁

Blyton, deja vu...

• Haha 1

Just now, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Blyton, deja vu...

I know. I’m going to buy a proper one over winter. This will do for summer 😆

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

our Club is AWESOME 

look what @David-hrv brought me

Our Webmaster is pretty dam good too. Just imagine the poor support you'd have got if the boardroom ground to a halt whilst you're away. Now give your car the same treatment:yes:

• Like 1