2019 Speedseries Results - Anglesey (R7 & R8)

Tigger

Scores updated as this was indeed a 1.6d event.

You may need to refresh your browser to see the new scores though

Tiggs

Not sure I understand this - the target times are incorrect?

41 minutes ago, Tony Smiley said:

Not sure I understand this - the target times are incorrect?

I’m also confused, what’s a 1.6d? Looks like I should of done this weekend instead of the April one 

More than 60% of drivers obtaining a best time that is more than 10% slower than target time. Then it is deemed to be a 'wet' event, 1.6d rule.

Or, as seems to be pretty common this season so far, people just being really slow in the dry, triggering a 'wet' event. A bit odd that you can score maximum points by being so far off target times, but there we go 😁

Perhaps a tweak for next season might be a minimum number of entries at the round before 1.6d can come into play? 5? Therefore 3 at least have to be over the 10% over.

Have a look at your REGS guys

Where 61% or more of the competitors are !0% or more slower than the Target Time then  Rule 1.6e will apply. This means that the person who is second fastest compared to their  classTarget Time (in percentage terms) will score 100 points and sets the percentage increase for all Target Times for all other drivers on the day. This Rule was originally introduced for Wet days but now covers any condition when track conditions are not favourable.

For example

If the second fastest person is 11% slower (at 111 secs) than the published TT and their original TT was 100secs then the their revised TT will be 111 secs. Everyone else TT will then be increased by 111%.

So why were the track conditions unfavourable Terry?

10 hours ago, SimonRad said:

I’m also confused, what’s a 1.6d? Looks like I should of done this weekend instead of the April one 

That's exactly what I'm thinking Simon!

15 minutes ago, Tony Smiley said:

So why were the track conditions unfavourable Terry?

They weren't.

The regs do say ‘if conditions at a round are such that 61%........

It must have rained 

Nope... bone dry and sunny both days. Videos below are Steve Arkley's from the Saturday and Sunday.

Perhaps due to the wording of the regs, some scores need adjusting? It does seem to specify that the conditions have to be inclement for the 'wet' rule to apply, it can't be triggered on times alone.

As I am deemed to be 'really slow' above I thought I would add my 2 pennyworth. I travelled 10 hours each way to compete in this event, my first sprint, my first time at Angelsey. I was very disappointed that only myself and Mark had turned up, I did think when entering there would be more WSCC competitors given the weather would be more likely to be better than in April. As it was Mark and I had a good time mixing with a few other 7's. even the scrutineers were friendly and helpful! The conditions were damp in the morning indeed before one of the runs it was raining though as Adam has (without the courtesy of asking) lifted videos from my facebook page  you can see it was cold but sunny thereafter.

Turning to the gripes about the scoring system, quite frankly I knew nothing about the consequences of 1.6d/e, Mark had a few clutch issues and I was just a crap driver. I was aware of target times and my observation is that maybe these need looking at particularly if they were set with more race orientated tyres. For the record my car is a completely standard 1300 Busa and run on 1b tyres. My objective was to improve my PERSONAL times throughout each day, which I achieved so was quite happy. As it was I came away with 2 class wins and best novice driver overall.

Thanks for the welcome to your Series

• Like 2

Well my apologies Steve, but I found the videos via the YouTube homepage search function. There is an 'unlisted' setting available when uploading if you don't wish your content to be public :yes:

The target times are, where data has been gathered, class records so not always attainable. I do believe many of the 'lower' class TTs which are derived from a percentage of the top classes are unrealistic though (I guess this is no place for a discussion about that though, we've been through it before). As you said Steve there are many other factors (such as your massive journey!) in play so to have improved your own times and come away with class wins has to be classed as success!

I would have been there if I wasnt committed to my wife's sisters wedding and her fathers 70th birthday. poor timing on their part

• Haha 1