Luggage Racks

LukeW

@AdgeC Where did you get that bag from that's a good size that. 

I thought about just strapping it to the back like that, but at least with a rack I can carry items that aren't as gentle on the body work as a soft bag. 

Bag is from Lomo https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/Dry-Dag-Holdalls.html  They do a variety of shapes and sizes. Recommended on here by several WSCC members. Can vouch for the bags being waterproof ;)

Following a tip from another FW owner I put a piece of the the Plastic/foam mesh "stuff" on the body under the bag to to protect it. You can see the edge in the photos.

• Thanks 1

I have a similar, (same, 60 litre?) Lomo bag; they're very, very good, and fit almost perfectly on the back. On my ZK bodied car, with grp boot box lid, I used the non-slip rubbery mesh last year under the bag, and not only did the bag not move around, but there was no scratching or rubbing marks on the grp, either.

Must admit, seeing that picture of the bag on the back of Adge's car is making me worry that my FW rack will add too much height, with a bag on top. Might have to mock it up on the car, before I drill the boot lid!

5 hours ago, LukeW said:

How do you get on with accessing filler cap with all your gear on with it more in board?

Theres a recess in the rack where the filler cap is. So don't stand at the back of the car, stand at the side.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I have a similar, (same, 60 litre?) Lomo bag;

Must admit, seeing that picture of the bag on the back of Adge's car is making me worry that my FW rack will add too much height, with a bag on top. Might have to mock it up on the car, before I drill the boot lid!

Yep it's a 60L bag.

Bear in mind the  std. 250 rollbar is taller than the "normal" one, if your using it to gauge height!

51 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Yep it's a 60L bag.

Bear in mind the  std. 250 rollbar is taller than the "normal" one, if your using it to gauge height!

I know, that’s what was concerning me, I’m already using the shorter bar!

Think I’ll wait to see how it looks on the car before drilling anything!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stephenh said:

Marcus, that doesn't look like a Paul Ash luggage rack, unless he's changed it quite a bit.

I don't think it is Stephen it was made by a member from Lancashire area for a rac type rollbar iirc and I made the stays etc to make it work on the MSA bar

Yes, I can see that it works essentially the same as the Paul Ash one, but not quite as professionally finished, if you don't mind me saying. The Paul Ash ones are really very professionally finished, lovely powder coating etc. and all in round bar, so no edges.

11 hours ago, stephenh said:

Yes, I can see that it works essentially the same as the Paul Ash one, but not quite as professionally finished, if you don't mind me saying.

@marcusb how embarrassed are you now. I think you need to do some work on your rack and get it up to scratch before our Euro trip. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Terryathome said:

@marcusb how embarrassed are you now. I think you need to do some work on your rack and get it up to scratch before our Euro trip. 

Lol not my welding honest guv !

@Terryathome will it squeak like everything else you make :laugh:

• Haha 1

That's brakes, oh give me strength.

Rack alll tig welded, pickled and polished, ho err.

3 hours ago, marcusb said:

Lol not my welding honest guv !

Never claimed to be an expert welder only knocked them up for the Pyrenees trip???