Speed trap detectors

MikeB

I am sure it is of great expense to us poor devils that live in N Wales suffering Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom's obsession with catching speeding motorists.  

He only catches "true criminals" if they are driving their getaway cars too fast!!!-allegedly.

:devil:  :devil:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Pete Collins

• XTR2Turbo

• MikeB

Q Can I have a copy of the calibration certificate?"

"No - All certification is correct and meets the required standards.  All camera equipment is self-calibrating and will not operate unless the self-calibration checks are correct."

"You may have a copy of the calibration certificate at court following a not guilty plea".

Methinks the North Wales Police a having a laugh at you expense.

What you do is plead not guilty by post. They summons you to appear in court at a later date.

BY LAW, the prosecution MUST provide you with *original* copies (sic) of any photographs and/or video evidence, plus copies of any and ALL documents being used by them in court. They must be with you a minimum of 7 days before the date of the hearing, in order that you have adequate time to prepare your defence. If at that time you decide that the evidence against you is good enough to secure a conviction, you can still enter a guilty plea by post, IIRC.......

Failure by the prosecution to comply with their legal obligations to the defence may get you an adjournment, or even a dismissal...........

The last time my brother went to court the police failed to provide such evidence when my brother asked.  They asked for another hearing but the judge threw it out because they had already had sufficient time to prepare and should know better.  I think motto is best not to ask until in court as then more likley they don't dig out.  Many police cases are won because defendent doesn't bother to turn up.

David

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience of the Beltronics 946i?  It is battery operated so ideal for Westies with no fag lighter, easy to transfer between motors and even has an earpiece so you can stick it in your pocket if you want.

£300.  But is it any good?

So is the Road Angel the best detector to get ??

Where's the best(cheapest) place to get one from?

Andy ???

Decided to get a 'Road angel gps with Laser detection' from these people ukspeedtraps.co.uk

£379.00 money well spent me thinks as I ve just swaped the Astra for a Porka 944S2 :p

Andy :cool:

Andy

I don't want to p*** on you chips here but www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk is notoriously out of date with it's reviews of products.  The Road Angel is a good piece of kit but there are better products out there for the same money.

BTW laser detection is next to useless if the device detects laser you've been caught, only in extreme circumstances will these devices pickup laser scatter. A better option would be a laser diffuser, fitted properly these things do work.

Chaps, laser detection is pretty useless unless the laser is pointing at another car, if it goes off then youve been caught unfortunately, only true way to get around this is a Laser detector/diffuser working in conjunction with a GPS static camera rig, youre looking at nye on a grands worth of electronics to save yourself points and a fine. Also think of all that extra weight, not a problem if its in the battle wagon I guess but you wouldnt want to add it to the westie would you...

Andy

I don't want to p*** on you chips here but www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk is notoriously out of date with it's reviews of products.  The Road Angel is a good piece of kit but there are better products out there for the same money.

BTW laser detection is next to useless if the device detects laser you've been caught, only in extreme circumstances will these devices pickup laser scatter. A better option would be a laser diffuser, fitted properly these things do work.

Chips feeling a little sogggy :(

Got to be better than not having one.  :)

Carn't belive i've only ever had one speeding ticket(fixed camera) about 7 years ago.

I saw somw guy on B'fast TV this morning talking about the backlash from speed cameras, didn't get the full story but i feel momentum is gathering.

What can WE do to put pressure on Gov to get sensible ??

Andy :suspect:

you're looking at nye on a grands worth of electronics

Not true, sorry

If anyone is interested I've spoken to my mate in the industry and he will do you a deal for the Snooper S4 Neo and Snooper SLD 920x supply only for £365 and £300 plus post and packaging.

Contact Paul @ PTC on 0161 366 6700 mention that you got his details from me on WSCC

BTW Paul reviews these types of products for several car and bike mags so any questions/advice I'm sure he'll be able to help

Darren

Is there an uptodate site where I can get info on these products, the Road Angel seems to get pretty good reviews, from what I can see??

Do you have to use the Snooper laser diffuser with other snooper products or could you use it with an Angel??

Andy

I use the Snooper diffusers a Valentine One and the Snooper s4 neo, all these work independently of each other and with the exception of the diffusers are completely portable from car to car.

I do about 40k + miles a year with my job and have found the diffusers invaluable, I once got lasered 4 times in one day on the M4 in south Wales each time these things alerted me of the laser and diffused it.  I have even had my installation tested by a traffic cop.

BTW I have a clean license  :t-up:

Going back to the subject of getting off tickets with errors on them.

I got off one because the  :devil: wrote my number plate down wrong.

Also my sister got off with another because the  :devil: cars rear light was out and she pointed it out to them.

Hope this helps!

Dan