Speed trap detectors

MikeB

You guys might be interested in this:

Tighter Camera Limits

:arse:

What did I tell you about the Welsh Police? they are just targeting motorists again .Wales is speed camera land .

On a motorsport front the best think for the RAC, network Q,Owens Sheep Dip Stages or whatever they call it now? is move it back to civility  ie Jocktland and England at least the drivers will not be getting as many speeding fines plus the stages are better & you would'nt have to put up with the welsh whinging about the English :p Plus the Liz's Tartan Army know how to enjoy themselves!

Buzz :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Pete Collins

• XTR2Turbo

• MikeB

Buzz, I hate to spoil your day but:

"Richard Brunstrom, the Chief Constable of North Wales and head of road policing at the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo)"  (Times article

THAT means that our hero is on a National Committee - not just Wales!:(

The Ginger whingin' Ninja ain't may hero he's not good enough now Vatenan well thats a whole different kettle of fish and he's not Welsh either :p

Buzz :xmas:

I have to point out that its not just Wales.  Jockland are as eager to catch you as anywhere.

Bitter experience :(:(

I have to point out that its not just Wales.  Jockland are as eager to catch you as anywhere.

Bitter experience :(:(

Jeeeesus Rob its not like you driving fast!! :p  :p  :p  :p

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :xmas:

Between Newcastle and Aberdeen , Jockland has 32 camera's. On the english side - Nil - A68 to Jedburgh and up.

Having just got a summons for alledged 35 in a 30, got to say well p******** off. I wouldn't have minded if I had been really going some. But it just makes a mockery of the whole thing. The Police are doing themselves no favours, I just view them as Tax Collectors and now have no-time for them.

Many years of bitter experience of the legal system in this country which seems biased against the "honest" man in favour on the "to**ers" of this land.

I can't believe they're proposing cutting the margins down on the cameras!!

I already am distracted enough by them anyway. I know I shouldn't, but my eyes tend to start searching for the lines/camera when entering the camera zones. When I go through one I often check in the rear mirror to ensure it doesn't flash. Instead I should be spending more time looking out for the danger that the camera's are supposed to be preventing.

What has been done in terms of lobbying government? What can we all do to bring back some balance in to this area of motoring? There are so many Tw*ts out on the road who don't know/have forgotten how to drive properly. They appear to much more of a menace than people going at 34mph instead of 33mph in a 30 zone.

Off my soap box now. :D

That road (A68) between Newcastle on Tyne and Edinburgh past the Catcleugh reservoir and over Carter Bar is bl**** fantastic! Don't tell me they've put cameras on THAT! The only living things at risk, apart from the drivers who are having a fabulous time, are SHEEP! I cannot think of a road I've enjoyed more in the UK from Cornwall to Sutherland that's better. :arse:

To Busman,

Can't be  :arse:  to type the long version. Nope the A68 is safe up to the Scottish boarder, go 1 mile beyond and there's your friendly camera, just waiting on the the only straight bit you can overtake on, by the time you get to Edingburgh you have gone past 12 camera's. All of them on the only straight bits that you might have been able to overtake on. So you have to decide as you follow some of the slow moving lorries up the road, do I overtake on the straight bit and risk a camera flash or shall I overtake them on the bends and risk hitting another car.  :arse:  :arse:  

Welcome to the land of the politically correct  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

I had a Snooper.  Useless.  Went off so often you stop noticing after a while.  I now have a B2 which is excellent.  I got mine for £350.  I came across the deal by chance on a forum for the new Mini.  One of the forum members works for a supplier of B2's and can do them at a price which beats everyone else by some margin  from what I could see.  I can't remember the name of the company but a web search should find the Forum.

Simon

quote]Police will be able to check the identities of people they stop for motoring offences and cross reference with the National Criminal Database. Several studies have shown that people who commit motoring offences are more likely than others to be involved in other illegal activity.

Well, lets hope they do, because:-

1. The idea that anyone who speeds is also more likely to be a criminal, is a complete load of b*****k*.....and

2. The criminal database is so crap, that you can get a job as a school caretaker with proven and documented history as a pervert.

I wish that if we are questioned about anything by the police we could just decide to walk away, like that w**ker in charge of Humberside Police when interviewed by Jeremy Paxman on Newsnight. This bloke is a pubic servant and we pay his salary of 100k p.a. He needs to be accountable on a public forum. I hope the nunney loses his job!!

1. The idea that anyone who speeds is also more likely to be a criminal, is a complete load of b*****k*.....and

2. The criminal database is so crap, that you can get a job as a school caretaker with proven and documented history as a pervert.

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  : :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Yah Tommo  :D  :D  :D  You got my vote  :)  :)  :D  :D  :cool: