Speed trap detectors

MikeB

I have just received an early Christmas present from the safety camera partnership in West Mercia in the form of £60.00 and 3 points. Particularly irritating as naturally the goons were hidden well back in the trees on a completely deserted dual carriageway. How dangerous is that?

I am now buying a detector so has anyone got any advice as to what to get. The Road Angel looks good but its nearly £400.00 which seems a bit expensive. Any advice would be most welcome.

:xmas:  :xmas:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Pete Collins

• XTR2Turbo

• MikeB

Road Angel for £339 (inc VAT) at http://shop.radargirl.com/acatalog/ROAD_ANGEL.html

I am thinking of buying the Origin B2. Why? Because it has a far better feature set and has a separate GPS detector, which you can fit anywhere in the car (within reason). The Road Angel is an "all in one" unit and will not sit on your Westie dash.

The mobile vans are a nightmare. The Cyclops seems a good bet for the permanent and temporary stuff but the other non GPS detectors that I've tried give so many false readings that you end up ignoring it.  There are a few web sites wirh reviews on them. Do a Google...

What road and location - just in case anyone else is travelling through  ???  ???  ???  ???  ;)  ;)

What road and location - just in case anyone else is travelling through

A491 Stourbridge Road towards Bromsgrove, (DQ03 Belbroughton North whatever that means). 62 MPH in a 50 although its hard to tell when the limit changes.

62 MPH in a 50 although its hard to tell when the limit changes.

They usually put up a sign when it does ;)

Andy

I have just received an early Christmas present from the safety camera partnership in West Mercia in the form of £60.00 and 3 points. Particularly irritating as naturally the goons were hidden well back in the trees on a completely deserted dual carriageway. How dangerous is that?

I am now buying a detector so has anyone got any advice as to what to get. The Road Angel looks good but its nearly £400.00 which seems a bit expensive. Any advice would be most welcome.

:xmas:  :xmas:

If you shop around u'll be able to pick up a road Angel for £350. but I agree with Pete collins the B2 will be better for the westy altho' the display is smaller and is more expensive.

Wait 'til after Crimbo there will be price drops. Cheapest I've seen the B2 is £417 the guy at the shop advised they will come down in the new year, so I'm hangin' for that 'til then.

I currently have a Belltronics 980 radar detector which has saved me a lot points and has paid for itself. I'll be selling that next year to fund the new B2.

Surviving  without one now is madness.I'm not saying I drive  like a man possessed but its those urdan dual carriageways that are the worst and the A roads  especially in Wales the police down there are just pumped up on nicking people for speeding like on the A48 & A50 god its like a test bed for speed cameras

Buzz :xmas:

I have a snooper 815, its crap. I mean REALY CRAP, The GPS ones look better but only if you keep them upto date and only in the relevant "saftey partnership" (read revenue gererating team) are honest about where and when they install them.

happy christmas anyway

I read the Times article.

Police will be able to check the identities of people they stop for motoring offences and cross reference with the National Criminal Database. Several studies have shown that people who commit motoring offences are more likely than others to be involved in other illegal activity.

I almost cant believe this!  Its about time the motoring lobby, of which we are part, used its clout to force the government to stop clobbering motorists! Mind you what do we all always do in situations like this......... nothing. :bangshead:  :bangshead:

I have got a Snooper S5R and it is superb - picks up all the cameras including Gatso, lasers etc!

I use it in the Westie and tintop - excellent machine! Has saved me a few times!!

If you are interested I can get new ones direct from Snooper for £240 plus postage. Let me know if you want one!

Cheers

Kevin

He admitted that public support for cameras had declined slightly, although he said that 75 per cent were still in favour

What a load of Bo**ocks!!! Absoluetly NOBODY i know supports speed cameras being used as they are now!

Yes if they had them outside schools etc but not hidden behind trees and signs!!!

I think the Police need a REALITY CHECK and soon!

I must cut and paste more quickly - was about to highlight the same point.

It's not like you have a lot of room in your Westy for the proceeds of a bank blag is it? A Robin Hood possibly... :devil:

A491 Stourbridge Road towards Bromsgrove

:arse:  :arse:  :arse: Thats about 10 mins away and I often use it  :arse:  :arse:

Thanks - I'll keep em peeled ....... just in case  ;)  :)

I followed a Norfolk speed camera partnership van on my way to the office today, I clocked him doing 47mph going through a village with a 40 mph limit   :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

It's amazing he didn't photograph himself :angry:  it's the sort of silly bo***cks thing they would do.

Another thing....they are supposed to be a partnership body employing civilians, not run, funded or to provide funds for the police.  Then why did he have blue lights and a police sign?

I hate them :arse:  :arse:  :arse: