Thames Valley Orienteering Event

Thrustyjust

Team TJ - you are doing a great job - thanks for all the prep! - Looking forward to joining in.

Simon

(Turtles)

• Thanks 1

Thanks Simon. We have enjoyed getting the event together so far :t-up:. Its amazing what you find if you look around at times. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating the list as  @Chris Brading wishes to join in too.

We have now managed to map about 80 % of the area we have set out for the event . So things are looking good. We hope to have this finished in the next couple of weekends and then I need to work out the point system and trophy for the winner :oops:  Still looking for more participants to join in. @Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO and @Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO being local ( well the mapped area is pretty close !!) perhaps he could mention it at their next monthly meet.

Anyway , please add your names to the list if you fancy a good fun day out

1. Ian Tolfree ( Tolf)

2. Tim Reid (TimDave25)

3. Chris Newman

4. Alan France

5. Martin 123 and my mate Spence who owns my old westie but isnt working, as co- pilot

6. The Turtles

7. Steve T

8. Neptune 

9. John Rusher

10. Andy Banks

11. Scarey

12. Team Awesome

13. Madrabbit

14. Marlow_simon

15. JJHLawson

16. Chris Brading

Will do TJ and great idea to come and visit too!

Chris

• Thanks 1

Two more added. 

please add your names to the list if you fancy a good fun day out

1. Ian Tolfree ( Tolf)

2. Tim Reid (TimDave25)

3. Chris Newman

4. Alan France

5. Martin 123 and my mate Spence who owns my old westie but isnt working, as co- pilot

6. The Turtles

7. Steve T

8. Neptune 

9. John Rusher

10. Andy Banks

11. Scarey

12. Team Awesome

13. Madrabbit

14. Marlow_simon

15. JJHLawson

16. Chris Brading

17. Dave Cox (Exocet, guest of Tim Reid)

18. Chris Jeffrey (Elise, guest of Tim Reid)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided not to do this now , so we wont be putting any more time into the event for the charities that have been discussed. Thanks

13 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

I have decided not to do this now , so we wont be putting any more time into the event for the charities that have been discussed. Thanks

I'm confused now. 

58 minutes ago, Steven (Steve T) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

I'm confused now. 

I'm talking to Justin and will takeover the organising of this event.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well done Tim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump!

Anyone else in joining this event on 30th June?

• 3 weeks later...

Roll up roll up.

Weather Guaranteed *

* Terms and Conditions Apply

KEY UPDATE:

The event is technically free but please bring some money as the venue is a pub which does good food and we will be raising money in memory of one of our inspirational members, John Park and his chosen charity Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care where he saw out his final days in March this year. 

The plan is for people to meet at The Cottage Inn, Upper Bucklebury (http://thecottageinnupperbucklebury.co.uk/) we can arrive from 8:30am and the pub will be open for toilets etc as the landlord Gary will be up cleaning and chef is also there then.

If participants could look at menu’s  and if they wish food to let us know, no later than a  week before so Gary can keep everyone fed on the day.

We will be registering people attending from 8:30am and direct them to our designated parking area in the field at the rear of the carpark. We will have a table and chairs there for everyone to sign in.

General chat to the drivers will be at 9 am and 9:30 am. We will accommodate for those running later, so no real panic to be there. Its a fun, friendly event.

You will be given the documents, maps and paraphernalia 15 minutes before your leave times. You can leave before 15 mins, but the clock starts 15 mins after you have this. This allows

you to work out which direction you wish to head. You will not be able to do all the markers in the allotted time so will have to make a decision on direction and points.

It would be sensible for participants to bring a clip board or similar.

The use of satnavs can be for solo entrants .

The event has a 3 hr run time. Anyone over this time gets points deducted .

We will batch cars into start times and as they leave, their times will be logged to start. I hope we can get cars leaving at 9:15am and last ones gone by 10am for any stragglers. Not set in stone if people do run late, it’s not an issue.

I will make a sheet of rules etc and phone numbers for the event day and will be with the entrants info.

Please add your names to the list if you fancy a good fun day out!

1. Ian Tolfree ( Tolf)

2. Tim Reid (TimDave25)

3. Chris Newman

4. Alan France

6. The Turtles

7. Steve T

8. Neptune 

9. John Rusher

10. Andy Banks

11. Scarey

12. Team Awesome

13. Madrabbit

14. Marlow_simon

15. JJHLawson

16. Chris Brading

17. Dave Cox (Exocet, guest of Tim Reid)

18. Chris Jeffrey (Elise, guest of Tim Reid)

19. Gary Hughes (MX5, guest of Tim Reid)

• Like 1