Thames Valley Orienteering Event

Thrustyjust

1. Ian Tolfree ( Tolf)

2. Tim Reid (TimDave25)

3. Chris Newman

4. Alan France

5. Martin 123 and my mate Spence who owns my old westie but isnt working, as co- pilot

6. The Turtles

7. Steve T

8. Neptune 

9. John Rusher

10. Andy Banks

11. Scarey

12. Team Awesome

13. Madrabbit

14. Marlow_simon

15. JJHLawson

16. Chris Brading

17. Dave Cox (Exocet, guest of Tim Reid)

18. Chris Jeffrey (Elise, guest of Tim Reid)

19. Gary Hughes (MX5, guest of Tim Reid)

20. Andy Henley and co-driver

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

The hard work for Justin and his wife Karen is nearly over. They have put many, many, hours and miles into planning the Thames Valley orienteering event. We have 20 people in the list and I hope you can all still make it... and more... there is enough space for another 10-15 so spread the word and welcome similar minded car enthusiasts to our local event.

Venue: The Cottage Inn, 26 Broad Lane, Upper Bucklebury, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 6QJ (http://thecottageinnupperbucklebury.co.uk/)

Sunday 30th June

08:30 am Arrival and registration.

09:00 am Driver briefing.

09:30 am Driver briefing for any latecomers.

09:15 am start to leave.

12:15 to 13:00 ish return to the pub.

You will be given the documents, maps and paraphernalia 15 minutes before your leave times. You can leave before 15 mins, but the clock starts 15 mins after you have this. This allows you to work out which direction you wish to head. You will not be able to do all the markers in the allotted time so will have to make a decision on direction and points. 

We will batch cars into start times and as they leave, their times will be logged to start. I hope we can get cars leaving at 9:15am and last ones gone by 10am for any stragglers. The event has a 3 hr run time so we should all be back by 1pm for pub lunch, chat and prize giving.

It would be sensible for participants to bring a clip board or similar.

The use of satnavs can be for solo entrants .

We will be raising money for the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice, there will be collection buckets and Gift Aid envelopes. 

1. Ian Tolfree ( Tolf)

2. Tim Reid (TimDave25)

3. Chris Newman

4. Alan France

5. Martin 123 and my mate Spence who owns my old westie but isnt working, as co- pilot

6. The Turtles

7. Steve T

8. Neptune 

9. John Rusher

10. Andy Banks

11. Scarey

12. Team Awesome

13. Madrabbit

14. Marlow_simon

15. JJHLawson

16. Chris Brading

17. Dave Cox (Exocet, guest of Tim Reid)

18. Chris Jeffrey (Elise, guest of Tim Reid)

19. Gary Hughes (MX5, guest of Tim Reid)

20. Andy Henley and co-driver

Just noticed that the magazine says this is June 12th which must be a typo.

Could the powers that be confirm that it is still the 30th.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Alfascozzesi said:

Just noticed that the magazine says this is June 12th which must be a typo.

Could the powers that be confirm that it is still the 30th.

Cheers

It is Sunday 30th June. Confirmed.

Sorry for any confusion.

Only a couple of weeks away... Roll-up roll-up!

1. Ian Tolfree ( Tolf)

2. Tim Reid (TimDave25)

3. Chris Newman

4. Alan France

6. The Turtles

7. Steve T

8. Neptune 

9. John Rusher

10. Andy Banks

11. Scarey

12. Madrabbit

13. Marlow_simon

14. JJHLawson

15. Chris Brading

16. Dave Cox (Exocet, guest of Tim Reid)

17. Chris Jeffrey (Elise, guest of Tim Reid)

18. Gary Hughes (MX5, guest of Tim Reid)

19. Andy Henley and co-driver

I've had to remove myself due to working away.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a navigator, Calum is coming along :d

***update****

Hello all.

The event is all ready now for Sunday. Its looking like the weather is going to be on our side too , from a distance ( fingers crossed) , which is great. We aim to be ready for you all to arrive for 8:15 am at the pub. We will have a helper at the entrance, as its a ‘little ‘ hidden from turning in. We will have the WSCC banner close by too.

If you are heading from the west, then please be aware of M4 Junc 13 slip roads allowing entry and exit is closed for the day. It wont affect our event , as by the time it gets busy locally, we will be back at the pub having a drink or 2 , discussing the fun times of driving and what you missed !

Nearest fuel for people from Junction 12 is either Shell Padworth A4 Bath Rd, RG7 5HT or Thatcham Texaco A4 Bath RD RG18 4LQ. Heading from Newbury is BP A4 Bath Rd RG14 2BS. There is plenty of places en route , but you will be loosing precious time for filling up !!

There is a Spar shop , 250 yards before the pub, on the Thatcham side for any drinks or nibbles pre- event . RG7 6QS postcode will get you there if you miss it , driving passed .

I hope to start the pre event briefing by 9am and cars going by 9:15. There is no rush, I am sure I will have a few briefings. Having written it down, means everyone gets told the same . If you get to the pub for 9:45, then its not a problem, so don’t rush , just get there when you can, more the merrier.

Hope to see you all there and there is room for more. I have lots of maps printed and question sheets too.

See you all on Sunday.

On another note, please call the pub and say to Gary the landlord that you are with the Westfield Orienteering event and let him know any lunch you wish .  He can get this all pre-ordered and ready for you .  Postcode for the pub also in the link.

http://www.thecottageinnupperbucklebury.co.uk/

P.S . Any questions then please ask.

2 hours ago, SimonUK said:

Can I add my name as a last minute addition?

Sure thing. All last minute people are welcome 🙂

1. Ian Tolfree ( Tolf)

2. Tim Reid (TimDave25)

3. Chris Newman

4. Alan France

6. The Turtles

7. Steve T

8. Neptune 

9. John Rusher

10. Andy Banks and Calum

11. Scarey

*12. Madrabbit* Cancelled

13. Marlow_simon

14. JJHLawson

15. Chris Brading

16. Dave Cox (Exocet, guest of Tim Reid)

17. Chris Jeffrey (Elise, guest of Tim Reid)

18. Gary Hughes (MX5, guest of Tim Reid)

19. Andy Henley and co-driver

20. SimonUK

Plus group of others who know Justin.

Pub website is dead for me at the mo...

Ok, working now

Edited by Andy Banks - Chairman

Sorry I'm going to have to pull out. Idler pulley bearing failed on the way back from the Abingdon track day yesterday  😩

1 hour ago, SimonUK said:

Sorry I'm going to have to pull out. Idler pulley bearing failed on the way back from the Abingdon track day yesterday  😩

Sorry to hear that. Your still welcome to come along for the chat/meet. Also there are a number of people looking for co-pilots so you might be able to grab a ride.

• Like 1

Took 🍊 for a blast earlier and it’s miss firing quite badly with a lot more pops and bangs than normal so wondering if it’s plugs. Waiting for the car to cool down. Fingers crossed!!