Le rendez-vous Tour 2018

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

Tonight I have been making the final preparations for a trip to Switzerland in the westy :purple-westy:

Nakkib and myself have been lucky enough to get away at least once a year for a holiday in the westfield abroad with various WSCC members and this year in no exception although the logistics have made this one a little different.....

@Terryathome and Caroline have been swanning around Italy for the last two weeks (and don't I know it as Terry has been rubbing it in) on their 3 week European vacation - unfortunately Nakki and myself could only manage a weeks holiday this year so a plot was devised and preparations made for a rendezvous in Switzerland for us all to meet and spend a week together on a road a road trip home :)

I met up with Terry and Caroline 2 weeks ago on the start of their journey when they passed by my house on their way to Hull P&O Ferry - check out the dodgy white tyre lettering lol

IMG_4517.thumb.JPG.01a2f20aa946ebbf1e4dda7584c9bb8f.JPG

When I got home I started thinking about my preps so got down to oil/filter change and car check over etc and noticed belt was looking a bit perished so I decided to replace it, when I loosened off the alternator the alternator bracket fell apart!

IMG_4509.thumb.JPG.0afa8f217ece201460a375eed9b7dbde.JPG

IMG_4443.thumb.JPG.9f41e3acbe62d63d783e02d6c99bf20a.JPG

In one respect it was good it happened now, but bad in another as I need to get it fixed! I didn't want to weld it as the break was close to the holes on the tab plates so luckily @Westfield Parts Dept had one in stock (great service guys cheers!) and posted it the same day so I have fitted a new one now so all is good :-)

IMG_4508.thumb.JPG.adc7d45cc86928abe1cb2fb6c4b56b78.JPG

more to follow  ....

• Like 2

Also on the preparation front I've fitted some new rubber and some go slower stripes :love:

IMG_4626.thumb.JPG.c09d92170fe2c36bc95b6a9004c16c2c.JPG

IMG_4703.thumb.JPG.422785512a1292d16995dec40aa13458.JPG

I now just need to fit all this lot in my FW boot !

IMG_4647.thumb.JPG.d17ccb28ecd15d70431b963113cdc99e.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Got the car packed and all ready for the off  :) our boys have gone to stay with Grandma and there was a tear in Leon's eye when they left ..

no ps4 and fortnite for a week lol

• Like 1

How many cables does one need?

IMG_4709.JPG

Ime trying a new way of getting everything in the car, wind deflectors on, doors behind the seats and half hood strapped under luggage rack. Only problem might be getting hood out and on quickly

IMG_4707.JPG

Meanwhile ime getting messages pics and stuff off @Terryathome like this - he's obviously bored without me :laugh:

IMG_4708.PNG

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Meanwhile ime getting messages pics and stuff off @Terryathome like this - he's obviously bored without me :laugh:

IMG_4708.PNG

Perfect for a profile pic!

Car got searched boarding the boat! It's usually Terry who they target looking the way he does but this time it was me Ime thinking he's tipped them off :ph34r:

IMG_4734.JPG

IMG_4737.JPG

Have a great trip 

5 hours ago, marcusb said:

How many cables does one need?

IMG_4709.JPG

I can't see the adaptors that you will need in Switzerland @marcusb

You do know they use different ones, there not like the normal european ones.

Just saying lol

• Confused 1

IMG_4741.PNG

• Like 1

Here is my route for tomorrow. 305 miles taking the scenic route to an overnight stop before Switzerland. 

IMG_4735.PNG

• Like 1